October 3, 2022

Happy 12th Birthday Keagan!

How are we here?! Twelve. It means one more year only until I have my first teenager. I just don't want to admit it, but my baby is growing up on me. And, oh!, what a wonderful young man Keagan is turning into. Yes, he gives me attitude a lot of the time. Yes, he smells like a boy and has some seriously crude boy humor. Yes, he likes to ask me quite often if he has started growing armpit hair (and other hair) yet. But take all this away, and I couldn't be more proud of the person Keagan is becoming. He is sensitive and loving, he is goofy and loves to make people laugh. He loves to learn and is always thinking. I had a proud mom moment the other day: one day last week I dropped Keagan off at school instead of him riding the bus so he could participate in See You at the Pole prayer. He didn't know what this was and I remembered doing this in high school, so I wanted to introduce him to it. He really didn't understand and soooooort of gave me grief about it. I don't want to push him to do things he doesn't want to do, but I really felt like he needed direction here. Especially since I knew his youth pastor was leading some music at See You at the Pole. Fast forward to this past Saturday morning and I was scrolling through Facebook and saw that the middle school added some pictures of the members of a club that meets every Friday morning: Marshalls for Christ. I had no idea this club existed so I zoomed in to see which kids went to it. When I zoomed in, my child was front and center in the mix of other middle schoolers. We have had some growing pains and conversations regarding a certain bully on the new soccer team he is on, in the hallways, and on the basketball team that Keag is trying out for(makes me wanna go find a kid and throat punch him...), but I have told him this is life and part of it all. But it doesn't make things easier, so I told him that remembering his Christian ways is the best way to deal with all this uncertainty. So I was super proud to see him establishing himself in one of the Christian clubs. Also, the friends he seems to have chosen to hang out with are good boys...and I am so thankful for this!

Anyways...Happy 12th Birthday my sweet Keagan! I am immensely proud of you! 

Levi, Thatcher, and Madden came over to spend the night!


We love that Aunt Hannah comes over and gives hugs to the birthday person!









Josh took the boys to the new Jurassic World movie

Playing chess at the cabin before going out on the lake



Keagan requested shrimp boil for his actual birthday dinner

his present from Gamma and Poppy! a kayak!!!

all kinds of Blue Angels garb from Grandma and Grandpa!! Keagan wears the heck out of his shirt!


No comments:

Post a Comment