October 3, 2022

CentriKid 2022 with FBC

Last year I was able to go to CentriKid church camp for the first time. I didn't realize how much it would impact me at the time of volunteering to go. But then I had the opportunity to go again this summer. I was so looking forward to it and to watching the kids immerse themselves into Jesus! Little did I realize, but this year was even more impactful for me than last year. And I am quite certain that I get more out of it than the kids do! It is such a blessing to be able to go with these kids and our church to plant seeds and begin to sow them. I love to watch their little hearts start to open to the love of Christ!



CentriKid Campers from FBC

CentriKid campers and adult leaders

Mine and Madysen's cabin girls! We got to have the middle school girls and I fell in love with them!

The camp pastor did a 6am Fun Run every morning and some of the kids were interested, so I went with them every morning. We would run 1/2 mile then he would give a quick devotional and we would run 1/2 mile back. Then we would go shower and get ready for breakfast by 7! It made for a long day but I loved that some of our kids joined me every morning despite the already exhausting days of camp.






games and tracks!


If you cannot tell, it was HOT. Like heat indices of 111-degrees!!!



another day of running...

















a beautiful foggy sunrise during our 6am fun run 

morning quiet time with the Lord



Madysen and two of her favorite campers (my boys)



The only downside to me being able to go to camp is Maclyn had her 6th birthday while I was gone. But I am so blessed that Stacey offered to step in! She took Mac out for Mexican (Maclyn's choice) and gave her a manicure! Maclyn still talks about her "special date" with Mrs. Stacey! 










SO THANKFUL for this woman right here!


No comments:

Post a Comment