October 3, 2022

Girl's Weekend (much needed!)

When you find your tribe, love them hard. I think about this every time I think about my best friends. I have had some amazing friendships over my lifetime. But relationships flourish around commonalities, when you do life together. And life leads people into different directions, so not all friendships are given that space to flourish. Or God puts certain people in your life for certain seasons. However it is meant to go, I am so thankful to have found a small and select group of women to walk through this crazy thing called life. Our group text is called Janine and the 'Aceys" because their names are Stacey, Kasey, and Kaycee. And Kasey's daughter Charleigh named us that. We talk about everything. We love on each other through everything. We have a bunch of kids who wear us out and yet we love to cheer each other on when we brag about our kids doing something awesome. Our husbands all get along great. Our kids get along great. We can do get togethers with everyone, just couples, or just us girls. We love to have adult beverages and talk about our love for Jesus. We love each other and I thank God daily for these women. 

So back in June we decided we needed a Girl's Weekend. So we rented a hotel room and decided to do a pedal tavern bike tour around Nashville! It was so much fun! So much laughter, and so much work! Also, Cutwater brand of drinks are not compatible with bicycling. Nor are cowboy boots! 

Let me introduce you: Kasey and Kaycee

Janine and Stacey


For some reason I thought the "driver" did most of the work on pedal taverns. WRONG. We actually had to pedal and work!!

Janine and the 'Aceys





I worked up quite the sweat!













Pedicures the next morning!







Kaycee is suuuuuuuper ticklish




Crumbl Cookies


Rooftop hotel pool!












No comments:

Post a Comment