October 6, 2022

First Day(s) of School 2022-2023 school year

Welp. Here we go: Keagan's first day of Middle school. Finn's first day of 4th Grade. Maclyn's first day of Kindergarten. Ivy's last first day of Preschool. Oh, and my first day of my new job with the school system. Yep, you heard that right. After nearly 12 years as a home health therapist I was offered a job as the PT for Marshall County School District. I have been the supervising physical therapist for a PTA in Graves County schools since the 2014-2015, so luckily the school setting isn't too much out of my knowledge reach, but I never dreamed that I would actually get a job with the school system my children are in. But I did!! And it is just me! I don't have any assistants so I get to do the "fun" stuff as well as the evaluations, etc. And as frightening as it was to make this huge change within my career, it has been the best thing for my family. I am off when my kids are off, I don't have paperwork when I get home in the evenings, I see my own children and my friends' kids every day! It really is a dream job. 

Ok, enough about me...back to my kids. This school year has brought on a lot of "firsts" for my kids! And now that we are 8 weeks into the year, I can safely say that everyone is adjusted and thriving! I am super proud of the people they are becoming!

Keagan and Maeci comparing middle school schedules. They actually had a class together! First time since preschool.


Charlee is in the "Explorer" program so her and Keagan don't have any classes together this year.

Keag, Madden, and Nick comparing schedules

Chase, Keagan and Nick



Keagan with Mrs. Locker - his "Mentor" teacher for the next 3 years. Seems to me like a homeroom situation. Also, Mrs. Locker goes to our church so I feel super comfortable that she will keep tabs on my boy!

very stressful: Keagan trying to get into his locker. He knew what he was doing, refused help, couldn't get in it. Luckily, after some under-the-breath conversations from dad, he gave up and allowed help!


Maclyn's Kindergarten Open House



Three besties! Emery, Mac, Kayden Jo (They are not in the same class)

The BEST Kindergarten teacher! Ms. Denise!

Ms. Barbie is Ms. Denise's Instructional Assistant


Finn got Mrs. Lisa for 4th grade!! This thrills me because we go to church with Mrs. Lisa...and she is pretty awesome!

Colt and Finn! Besties but not in the same class.


Mommy's First Day of "School"


Keagan's First Day of Middle School

Finley's First day of Fourth Grade




Found a friend in the drop-off line! I am certain making these boys get out of the car and get a picture made us the most uncool moms ever! (yessss!!)



There he goes!!

too big for more than one picture... and it isn't even a great one. 

You know what this means!!

Maclyn's First day of Kindergarten!









who knew!? I got this picture from Ms. Denise and about fell out! I had no clue Mac could do the monkey bars



Emery and Mac showed up in the same outfit!

First time waiting for the bus!

First time having to ride the bus to school!

Ivy's Open House for preschool!


Ivy's last First Day of Preschool!







all of our babies have had Mrs. Stacey for Preschool...let's hope Ivy is as prepped for Kindergarten as the others!




Doing Big Things in Kindergarten!

Mac clipped up to Mr. Darnall (assistant principal)

No comments:

Post a Comment