Oh where do I begin!? Soccer season is SO MUCH. So much work - so much time - so much money - so much fun. I really enjoy watching all of my kids play soccer! Some seasons are easier than others, from one perspective or another, and depending on which kid we are talking about.
Keagan: Keags played soccer for South Marshall Middle school this year. He didn't get a ton of playing time each game, but he did get to play in all the games. I was very proud of him for this, but he had some growing pains with it and trying to understand that he is the "lowly" 6th grader on a team with 7th and 8th grade boys. And listen, those 8th grade boys are HUGE! At the same time, he started playing for a different club team (refer back to my Fall soccer post for why....) then Dynamo. He now plays on PVS-Strikers and practices in Princeton, KY, which is a good 45 minutes away. It made life tough for this chauffeur, who also had 3 other kids playing soccer all over, but it gave my boy the confidence boost he so desperately needed. He started nearly every game with this club team and was given excellent coaching and the kids were great to him!
Finn: Finely continued to play on his original Dynamo club team out of Marshall County, and played "up" with boys a year older than him. He really improved this season and has shown himself to be a well-rounded player. During a single game, Finn will play in a defensive position and then be moved up to a forward position and actually scored a hat-trick (3 in a row!) in one game! He has enjoyed this team and the coach a whole lot...but unfortunately (foreshadowing) things are about to change in ways I am not sure I even understand quite yet. Maybe it's because I haven't processed what the Fall 2023 soccer season will look like (the club is moving kids all around) and I don't really want to tell him about the changes or think about it myself...
Maclyn: Mac had a great season playing U8 rec soccer! Things are starting to come together in her mind (understanding positions, passing, etc) and she loved playing goalie this season. (She had some good and not so good games as goalie..haha!) I saw a lot of growth during the season so that was fun to watch! Mac is not nearly as aggressive as you would expect her to be and I think that is something that frustrated me...she is very aggressive in all other areas of life but soccer! She really doesn't enjoy practicing, but really loved games. She also does not like to run! But she says she will be doing soccer again in the fall!
Ivy: Oh Ivy. She's my tiniest soccer player - but do not be fooled! That girl means business. She does not like it when someone else steals the ball from her. She does not like when she misses a goal. She is fast and aggressive. She means business on the field and because of her age group, everyone wants the ball so passing and team work are out of the question. There also are no goalies in her age group and it tears her up so she would run into the goal and kick the ball out any chance she got! Ivy was not a top scorer on her team because, bless her, she is tiny. Her legs are shorter and even though she is fast, those other girls are faster. She gets pretty aggressive but they can still get the ball first. But that's ok!
I think these pictures are in chronological order instead of grouped per kid...it's all SO MUCH so I just threw them into this blog post!
 |
| Keagan and Thatcher before their first middle school soccer game - I missed it because I was diagnosed with pneumonia and barely could get off the couch! Thankful for friends willing to keep me updated on his playtime, score, and send me pictures. |
 |
| Not sure if you can tell how hard it is raining. and I think it was only 47-degrees too! (This is why I didn't go with pneumonia) |
 |
| The next weekend we bundled up for Finn's first games...it was only a high of 37-degrees!! I proooooobably shouldn't have gone still, but I am glad I didn't miss it because my boy scored a hat trick! (Finn in the red beanie) |
 |
| Have your kids play spring sports, they said. |
 |
| It appears that the goalie caught Finn's ball, but I assure you he did not!! This is one of Finn'e goals! |
 |
| Ivy's first game! Not as cold - YAY!! Her team was the "Green Gators" |
 |
| Kayden and Mac after their soccer practices ended and they had to move on to watch middle school soccer! |
 |
| Mrs. Stacey came to cheer on Maclyn at one of her games! |
 |
| (good pictures courtesy of Tenia Barr...I do not take this good of pictures!) |






 |
| Finn's team got Finalist in that tournament! |
 |
| A soccer medal calls for Baskin Robbins ice cream!! |
 |
| Thanks for playing hard so we could all have ice cream! |
 |
| ZONKED after a long day of soccer and sunshine |
and a 2-hour drive home
 |
| Maclyn's little shuffle step before she kicks cracks me up! |
 |
| Keagan and Thatcher after their last middle school game |
 |
| they lost miserably during this game, but they got some good laughs anyways. love these two |
 |
| these 4 boys! They get stinkier as they get older, but I love them so much. Thatcher, Keagan, Levi, Nick |
 |
| South Marshall versus North Marshall middle school game (we lost) |
 |
| taking a bunch of stinky boys to Princeton for club ball practice - glad to have them all together |
 |
| Charlee and Keagan during one of Ivy's games |
 |
| Keagan in a nice new baby blue uniform as a PVS-Striker! |
 |
| Ivy with her bestie Makenzie! |
 |
| Bowling Green tourney - both boys played! |
 |
| cowbell for a goal! (we meant business this weekend!) |
 |
| these two are goofy |
 |
| Finn and Addy Spears |
 |
| Meanwhile, back in Benton, Gamma and Poppy took the girls to their games so we could be with the boys in Bowling Green |
 |
| Back to Bowling Green ---- |
 |
| Marshall County boys playing for Princeton: Miles, Nick, Thatcher, Keagan, Levi, Dax |
 |
| The Malones were in BG for soccer too!! |
 |
| Got my picture with Annie! |
 |
| Finn with his hand up to let his buddy know to cross it to him - and he scored with this play!! |
 |
| After-goal posture! |
 |
| Major chest bump! |
 |
| Lots of cowbell this weekend! |
 |
| A great day of soccer means a treat! The boys wanted Crumbl Cookies...YUM! |
 |
| a teensy but of hotel pool time at night |
 |
| what your picture looks like as a ball knocks your phone out of your hands! |
 |
| Nick, Thatcher, Keagan |
 |
| the craziest storm stopped the games! but Finn's team came up as Finalists again and got a medal! (to be given to them at another time) |
 |
| cold and wet but let's have ice cream! |
 |
| soccer wears a boy out... |
 |
| ...even the big boy can't take it anymore |
 |
| Maclyn's last game! |
 |
| (the next bunch of pictures are from Mac's last game- taken by Tenia Barr) |
 |
| Finalist Medal from Bowling Green Tournament - after then beating Mayfield Elite team!!! |
 |
| Professional SMMS soccer pictures - look how handsome my boy is!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment