December 28, 2019

Leading up to Christmas!

I am pretty sure what makes Christmas magical is the traditions that come with the season. The decorations, the Christmas trees and lights and stockings, the fancy things that set the season apart from the other mundane days of the year, all of that helps to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. As I mentioned in my last post, this is the season of busy, and while all the decorations and "extras" make the season that much more busy, I really don't think the feeling is the same without them. And for my children (and myself, if I am being truthful!), it is so important that we keep up with traditions! They adore them and now that the boys are bigger, they expect them and enjoy them so much more. I am so thankful my mom instilled in me a sense of wonder surrounding Christmas with all the decorations and traditions and "extras" because it makes it that much more fun to do with my own family.  (but I won't lie, it makes me miss my mom more than anything!! Sooo...mom, if you're reading this...move up here and join in on the extras with us!)
Visiting the "REAL" Santa Clause at Patti's. Ivy was not a fan at all!!
Ivy is such a pretty baby girl...and when she stands still long enough to get a picture I can show everyone her beauty!
A Santa (but not the "real" santa, Finn said) came to school. But what you really need to see is the tooth hanging out of his mouth!!
We spotted the Grinch at Mike Miller Park when we went to check out the lights!
Another Santa encounter at Mike Miller Park (but again, not the "real" Santa...per Finn)
Keagan being all secretive and gangster in his hoodie
Finn got a chance to mail his letter to Santa
pretending we are princesses while we wait for the Malones to arrive for our annual Christmas get-together
Gingerbread houses with Annie
These kids are growing so fast! And they are so much fun!
The daddies obliging the little girls with princess crowns and hair things
Time to frost sugar cookies!! Finn and Keagan were awesome help when it came to pressing out cookies but not so great help when it came to decorating them!!
LOTS of color options this year
Designated taste testers
This little toot was an expert decorator and hung with us to the very end!
Christmas Eve jammies! This is what I get when I want a good picture of my 4 babies...
Naughty or Nice?
I adore how Maclyn is looking at Keagan
Santa came!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment