December 9, 2019

A Priceless Breakfast (day 3a)

A couple of weeks before we headed to California I remembered that I hadn't booked anything as far as dining options or character meals! I had a mild panic attack because the planning for this trip had been so easy I felt like I had forgotten so many things. So I quickly got on the Disneyland app (there's an app for everything!) and within 5 minutes I booked a Character Brunch for our family of 6. This was the only meal we made specific reservations for because, as you can imagine, meals at Disneyland are not cheap. Throw in meet and greets with characters and you just watched the price climb significantly. I worried that the girls wouldn't like it or the boys would not enjoy it because they think they are "too big" or Josh and I would feel like the food wasn't good. All that worry was for nothing, though. This experience was worth every penny spent. The food was wonderful. Our table was front and center near the food and where the characters paraded by and they kept stopping by our table. Our waiter was phenomenal and so accommodating. We left this meal with our bellies full and our souls happy! The kids thoroughly enjoyed every minute and Josh and I enjoyed watching them.

Look at that sweet little tongue! Maclyn loved the characters and really got into meeting them, but she may have actually been shy!
The kids got to participate in the character parade!


Ivy didn't know it yet, but she was about to fall in love when she turned around! Ivy ADORED each character that came to hug her! She tried to fall out of her high chair to get to them!
Prepare yourselves. Ivy loved all the characters that came to see her. BUT Ivy could not get enough of Dale. She absolutely adored him and I do think Dale loved her! He kept coming back by and snuggling her, stroking her face with his paw. She ate it up and it was the sweetest thing ever. 
I'm telling you, she was nearly falling out of her high chair to get to Dale!
Oh! The embraces!
Dale came back for Ivy! My poor other kids didn't stand a chance trying to get attention from Dale!
Back to Ivy!
...and this time he brought Ivy back her very own special pin! (he just walked away and she was looking for him)
Here comes Dale!! He's in the parade!
Look at that Chesse Face!
Oh! Dale came back!!!
We missed getting a family picture with Dale (maybe because Ivy hogged him?) but we got one with Chip!
Check out this amazing edible Oogie Boogie sculpture!! (ingredients above, sculpture below)
So much excitement for just a meal! Ivy was nearly asleep before we got back to our car!
So sleepy...time for a nap!
This girl took a really good nap in the hotel to gear up for our evening adventures!!



No comments:

Post a Comment