Every time we go to the beach we try and go on a boat ride. Usually
it is a dolphin sunset cruise on a giant speed boat (lovingly called a
booze cruise because, Hello!, free beer and wine. And what doesn't make a
sunset and a bunch of dolphins better than some wine? ....anyways...).
But because Maclyn is too little for those shenanigans and a fast and
loud speed boat, we had to dial it back a bit.
So we
ended up on a pirate ship called the Buccaneer, which I incorrectly
thought was a booze cruise. Sad, because it really should have been
since the entire 2 hour tour (channel Gilligan's Island music) was
geared towards all the little kids on board and there really was no
where to sit for the grown-ups, there were no dolphins, and it was
900-degrees. Do I sound needy? Maybe. But I really thought I was going
to get to enjoy an adult beverage on a boat while someone entertained my
kids. Instead, they charged for beverages (soft and hard) and had all
kinds of over-priced pirate themed toys (garbage) to cause total
melt-downs of children like mine. I just spend $100 to ride this boat
and no, I am not buying you another plastic sword. (I am mean.) I
probably would have purchased the stupid sword if I was welcomed aboard
with a "free" glass of wine. Just saying. They clearly need better
marketing strategies.
(oh. is this about the kids?!)
Anyways,
the boys had a great time (it is about them after all) and Maclyn was
fantastic. After we threatened to get off the boat if Finley didn't quit
screaming for "just one more toy" all was good. And there was no way we
were getting off the boat unless we wanted to swim back to the dock,
but he didn't know that. Josh and I said we would never ride that again,
and justified the whole trip with the boys excitement. They still talk
about it and have asked to ride it again (we won't, but I am glad they
enjoyed themselves) so I know now that the $100 was money well spent. At
least Maclyn was free.
Now, grab an adult bev and sit back and look at these pictures of my boys doing pirate stuff.
Hilarious narrative! ...and the pictures are cute!
ReplyDelete