October 8, 2016

Maclyn Alice - 3 months

WOW what a difference a month makes in the life of a baby. Maclyn has changed so very much in the last month! And as usual, I am left wondering where time went. Yes, I am interrupting my beach blog posts to bring you Maclyn's 3-month post. (Gotta keep it chronological, you know.) But because I am still in beach-mode, I decided to make that the theme of this month's photo-blanket.

At 3 months old, Maclyn's little personality is really starting to shine. She is a super smiley little girl, and loves to chatter. She enjoys cooing and even cracks a little laugh now and then. She loves to smile at her brothers, her mommy and daddy, and the ceiling fan. When she is in a good mood (which is usually these days) she will catch your eye and give a big gummy grin. She bats her eyes slowly and will wrinkle her nose in a flirty manner. It's super sweet and makes my heart leap!

Most of the time, Maclyn's fussiness has a reason. Some of her dislikes include the bottle, being tired, over-stimulation from her brothers, being hot, a dirty diaper, and tummy time. She isn't a fan of baby-wearing, which hurts my feelings because I enjoy "wearing" her.  We do it anyways, and I usually just bounce for 10 minutes until she quiets down. There are just too many times in the life of a Mom-of-3 where I have to pack her around but I need two free hands.  Maclyn gives you a warning whine when she is ready to eat. And if things don't move quickly in her direction, she escalates rapidly. And within seconds her screams are shrill and she is shaking her fists and unable to get a breath. It is pitiful, but it does the job because everything starts moving super fast to make her happy!

Maclyn is solidly in a 3 month size, she is a super chubs little girl and we absolutely adore all her rolls. When we hold her in a sitting position her sweet cheeks actually rest on her chest. It's pretty funny.  When Maclyn smiles the dimples in her cheeks get deeper and she has chins for days! The boys used to ask when she was going to "grow a neck." I love this because they innocently believed she didn't have a neck since they couldn't see it. I explained that it was buried in her chins somewhere. Haha!

So about the bottle. Maclyn was taking a bottle like a champ one day and then literally started refusing it the next. Not.even.joking. It has been incredibly frustrating because she "knows" how to take it, she just flat out refuses. She only wants to nurse. We have been giving her a bottle every day (read: total stand-off) in an effort to get her bottle-ready for when I go back to work. And that is this coming Monday. We did take a break during vacation because when we tried it was so stressful that I just didn't want any part of it. Plus she screams, and we had neighbors in our condo! She is getting better, but still not great. I'm having flashbacks to when Finley was a bottle-refusing-baby. She looks innocent, doesn't she:

This precious girl goes by many names these days: Baby, Maclyn (of course), Baby Mac, Macky. Some of our friends have given her the nicknames Mac-Attack and Mac-and-Cheese. Haha! She responds to them all the same, with a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment