May 21, 2016

Oh-Oh-O-R-E-O

I have had 3 limited edition Oreo flavors in my pantry for a few months...and the other day I decided to open them up and give them a try. The boys have really enjoyed indulging in these new cookies! And they are all very, very good this time!

First up: Strawberry Shortcake Oreos. They are as yummy as you'd expect. The only thing I would change is to add more cream as the cookie kind of overpowers the strawberry flavor from the cream. But don't worry, I had a couple without even thinking about it. And the kids liked them, which is a plus. Another bonus: I found these at my local Wal-Mart!!  I think these are still available...get them, they are good and a nice refreshing summer cookie!

Next: Cinnamon Bun Oreos. I got these in a care package a while back from my Momma and was super excited! Of course, I believe I was still in the woes of severe morning (all-day) nausea and it wasn't something I craved so I put them in the pantry for a rainy day. Well, today is sunny but they sounded super delish so I opened them up. And they are very good. They taste just like a cinnamon bun, with a crunch! Admittedly, I have really liked all-things cinnamon this pregnancy so maybe I am biased. But they really are good. The taste is spot-on, as some other limited edition flavors really haven't been (see also: cookie dough oreos).

Last, but never least: Filled Cupcake Oreos. These are unusual. But yummy. And my boys literally demolished the package in an afternoon. Don't worry, I consumed several. But when I got up to get another cookie, the package was darn near empty! So I would say these were a hit with the kids. The flavor is good (though I have never had a Hostess cupcake so I cannot compare them to that), and when you open the cookie up you have a little cream surprise! I do believe this is what appealed to my kids just as much as the flavor...who doesn't like a little surprise? This was another surprise find at my Wal-Mart!


Now, if anyone comes across some Toasted Coconut Oreos, I continue to look for these. They sound incredible!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment