May 27, 2016

32 weeks!

Believe it or not, I have less than 8 weeks to go before I meet this baby. I had a doctor's appointment the other day and all seems to be going well. It was pretty uneventful of an appointment. Except that I had to take the boys with me, which was very unnerving for me. But the boys were fantastic...more on that in a bit.

Josh ended up having to work during the day shift (which is why I took the boys with me to the doctor) and I had planned to have him take a 32-week picture but that fell through. Finn wanted his picture taken, and was actually quite irritated that I was in the picture. I think he missed the point of why the camera was actually pulled out. But I think it turned out pretty good!

At 32 weeks:
  • I am finally feeling better in the nausea department. It only took 8 months...
  • but I am feeling huge, stretched to the limits, and have some serious tailbone pain
  • I am bigger than I have ever been. Ever.
  • The baby moves like crazy, I don't think it sleeps really, and I know it doesn't let me sleep.
  • I get up 3-4 times at night and am struggling to get comfortable.
  • I have a pretty serious case of TMJ pain for some reason...may or may not be pregnancy-related, but I have never had it before and when I did a google search a lot of people apparently have found a correlation with pregnancy and TMJ pain

So...I had to take the boys with me to my 32-week appointment. If you will recall, my last, and only other, experience was with Keagan alone and it was not exactly the best. Josh and I drilled into their little heads how important it was to behave, listen, and most of all BE QUIET. And I bribed them with a trip to Toys-R-Us and a toy if they could be good.  Well, they were perfect. PERFECT.  I did bring iPads, which they never get, so they were super entranced the whole time and that helped. Listen, they were so good I had people in the waiting room complementing them, and telling me how sweet they were, etc, etc. I have this self-conscious "fear" that someone will see the behavior of my boys and then my giant belly and think, "Yeah. The last thing she needs is another kid." But not this day!

For their fantastic behavior we went to Toys R Us and I just let them go nuts. They never get to go, so it was like the.best.day.ever, and they excitedly ran from aisle to aisle and told me what toys they wanted for their birthday or Christmas. I told them they could get one toy, and they chose to go into the Lego aisle. They did a pretty good job picking out their toy and then sticking to their choice, and not asking for anything else. I'd say they had a great time...as evidenced by the constant motion in the pictures!

After running a few errands around Paducah, we ended up at Chick Fil A for lunch. The boys were so well behaved (where did my normal kids go?!!!) and ate well, used manners, and helped me out...so I let them finish up by playing in the playplace. Seriously, these kids deserved it. And it was fun to watch how much fun they were having.

The boys and I had a great time together. I hope they remember this day...especially since their little worlds are about to be rocked by a new baby. I hope they know how much I love them, together and individually.

No comments:

Post a Comment