Time has flown. I swear it was just just yesterday, and not 6 years ago, that we were preparing for his birth.What is hardest for me to swallow is that in 13 years we will be celebrating a high school graduation. Thirteen years...seems so far off. But It will be here before we have a chance to catch our breath.
Class of 2029, get ready...the Preschool Class of 2016 is ready to take on the world!
When we got into the gym for the reception, Finn was beyond thrilled to see his big brother. It was pretty sweet!! A crazy bear hug ensued.
Then Keagan took off and wanted to hang with his friends. I followed him around with the camera like the Paparazzi. A glimpse of things to come, I suppose. Here he is with two of his very best friends: Maeci and Levi.
I am still swollen-faced from ugly crying during the ceremony slide-show. But I had to get a picture with my first baby.
Keagan and Ms. Stacey, his teacher. We are so very thankful for all that she does for all the kids and the program. She works very hard and it shows.
Finn didn't want to be left out!
We got Keagan a cake for once we got home and continued the celebration a bit. This cake. Oh! This cake. I sent Josh out to WalMart to get a cake and asked him to have them write on it. I jokingly told Josh it looked like one of the preschoolers wrote on the cake. He said that the lady who was in the bakery told him upfront she wasn't very good, but did it anyways. Then handed the cake back to Josh after and told him there was no charge for the writing. Hahahahaha! Good thing! I don't know who would've paid extra for this! It was ugly, but it caused some good laughs.
In true Finley form, he was angry that he wasn't being celebrated. I can understand why he was upset, and actually expected a little kick-back that he wasn't the center of attention, but it still was pretty ugly. And just to show you our lives aren't all butterflies and unicorns, I included these pictures of Finley. Oh the temper. Real life, people.
Keagan, this is just the beginning for you. You have made us proud with your accomplishments already and we are excited to see where life takes you!
As Dr. Seuss wrote:
Oh the Places You'll Go,
Today is your Day!
Your Mountain is Waiting,
So Get on Your Way!

No comments:
Post a Comment