Keagan is hitting milestones and growing up too quickly...I feel like we are flying through this stage of life just like we flew through milestones when he was a baby. First graduation, now his first wiggly and lost tooth. And then just the other day he crossed the monkey bars, swinging from his hands, several times and got the dreaded palm blisters. He's getting so big.
Keagan came to me probably a month ago and told me he had a loose tooth. I thought he was just pulling my arm because some of his friends had also lost teeth. But he did, indeed, have a loose tooth. Fast forward to this past week and the boys had a dentist appointment. We were shown the permanent tooth behind the loose baby tooth in Keagan's mouth, and told that we needed to encourage him to wiggle it. We were even given some numbing gel to make that more comfortable for him. Well, a couple nights later this tough little guy just decided to pull that tooth straight out. It may have been because I encouraged him to wiggle the tooth by telling him that we should try and get the tooth out before we got to Grandma and Grandpa's the next week. I didn't anticipate it actually falling out, it wasn't quite ready.
Keagan came straight into our room late at night and his mouth was all bloody, he told us he pulled it out and he was sorry for doing that, but he really wanted to show Grandma and Grandpa! We finally got him cleaned up and found the tooth, and were trying to get him back to sleep so the tooth fairy would come. But he wanted to save the tooth for Finn to see the next morning. He was so excited!!! It was pretty cute. The next morning we had to take pictures, first thing, to send to Grandma.
The day he told me he had a loose tooth I didn't know how long we'd have this sweet baby smile, so we took some pictures. I already miss this sweet mouth with perfect teeth, but not so much for what it looks like but what it represents. Time really needs to slow down.
No comments:
Post a Comment