October 17, 2015

Happy Fall Y'all!

As much as I love summertime and all that it means, I really do enjoy the changing of the seasons here in Kentucky. There is just something spiritual and refreshing as the pretty summer leaves turn to shades of red and gold and orange. For the past several mornings I have been watching the sun come into patch of trees across the street from our house and I decided that I would try and get some fall pictures of the boys this weekend. The leaves haven't all changed over, but when opportunity strikes then you take it. (as in: the weather isn't terribly miserable, 43 degrees this morning, and we had no where we had to be) So I warned the boys last night that I wanted to take pictures and was immediately met with resistance from Finn. But this morning when I woke up I asked if we could take pictures and he started taking his jammies off. I took that as a positive sign. I took a bunch and couldn't quite get my lighting right...early morning, fall colors, and not making the boys look washed out was a challenge. Add to that incredibly busy little boys who were given open space and just wanted to run. But I will say that I am happy with a few of them...and for the first photo session ever, I didn't feel like throwing my camera! And I hadn't even had my coffee yet. (don't judge me. you must have the patience of Job to photograph kids...and patience is a trait that I was just not blessed with)

Keagan: age 5 years, 4 months old. Sweet, sensitive, smart, and silly. He loves to make people laugh and his laugh is infectious. We have called him our "Sweet Keagan" since he was first born, and he is just that. My little people-pleaser, he is keenly aware of how others are feeling and is very emotional.

Finley: age 3 years, 3 months. Passionate, loud, strong-willed, intelligent. Finn is the child that is very decisive, knows what he wants and stops at nothing to get it. He loves hard and cries hard, and you never have to guess the kind of mood he is in. Finley marches to the beat of his own drum and doesn't apologize for it.

As different as daylight and dark, these two brothers are the best of friends. Yes, they fight over toys and argue and antagonize, but when they are not together their world is not complete. They love each other to the deepest parts of their little hearts, and I couldn't thank God enough for that. I call them built-in best friends.
 
I just love these two little pumpkin heads!

Happy Fall Y'all!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. It's just impressive. All of it. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are incredible. I think I'll bring annie over and let you have a little photo shoot with her.

    ReplyDelete