October 3, 2015

A Week of Selfies (beach post #4)

When I told you in earlier posts that Keagan took no fewer than 352 selfies while we were on vacation I was not joking. I have added the funny and different ones in this post. In 10 years he will look at this, be embarrassed, and maybe it will save him from some Social Media shame? (but Oh! I hope social media is a thing of the past in 10 years...)

You will also be pleased to know that this is the last of the full-out beach pictures. The rest of the blogs have more content.

We finally had a day where the weather was hot enough to warm up the pool, or maybe because the temperature was super hot the pool was refreshing.  Either way, the boys were thrilled to trade in some salty water for the more chlorinated variety. Keagan is a little fish and loves to jump in, be thrown in, put his head in the water...all of it. Finley on the other hand prefers to just dip his toes in, and play on the steps.






One night after beachin' it all day, we went to one of our favorite eat places, McGuires. We go every single time we are in Destin...it IS that yummy. Last time we were here (2013) Josh held Finn up to "kiss the moose" and Finn screamed. And I do believe it traumatized him because he was deathly afraid of the moose again this time. And just to ensure we scar our child for life, I insisted Josh hold him up to the moose again.

Then...

Now...
After we fully ensured that Finn was traumatized and would suffer PTSD, we took them to Goofy Golf in Ft. Walton. This place is a) off the beaten path, b) cheap, and c) fun. As a family we have never laughed so hard. The boys had a fantastic time and I learned that I pretty much suck at miniature golf. Josh is more competitive than I ever dreamed, and Finn is a cheater and is dangerous. And Keagan could care less what his family was doing as long as he gets through the course first.

On our very last beach day (oh, but don't worry...I have a couple more posts left...) Josh went and picked up donuts for us all. They were a huge hit with the boys because they were pretty and pirate painted. Unfortunately the boys didn't gobble them up as we expected. But then we loaded up our gear and headed down to the beach for our very last day. It was a bitter sweet day.

For the first time the entire week, Finley decided he wanted to sit still and snuggle me. I took full advantage.

We noticed that there was a neat sand bar a little out in the ocean and so we convinced the kids it would be super cool to go out to it. Keagan was a little disappointed, I don't know what he thought it would be like or what he would find, but it didn't hold up to his expectations. Finn was, well, his whiny self and didn't want to go because it would be scary. His words, not mine. But we couldn't really leave him on the beach by himself, so we carried him out to the sand bar. He also wasn't that thrilled.

Then Finley got ahold of the camera and learned to take selfies. He learned from the best.

Then Uncle Wesley joined us on the beach! This didn't stop the selfie-explosion. In fact, it might have made the picture-taking even more intense. I remember everyone (including Finn) begging Keagan to stop taking pictures!!

After our beach and pool day with Uncle Wesley we got ready and decided to take him out to Crab Island Cantina for his birthday. This was his restaurant pick and it was a great one! We got to watch the sunset while we had a margarita and laughed until our cheeks hurt! The boys had a great time, and of course sat next to their uncle. I was once again floored by his patience and attention he gave to these two busy rambunctious little boys, who wanted to sit as close as possible to him. He wasn't even freaked out by the potential for food landing on him! After dinner we surprised Wes with a key lime pie (thanks Mom for the tidbit...when I quizzed Wes on his favorite cake he said key lime pie!!) then took the little and grown boys out to The Track to do a little go-karting. Everyone had a blast!!! Uncle Wesley stayed the night in our condo and helped us pack our stuff out the next morning before we headed back to KY. The kids were a little disappointed they didn't get to sleep with Wes on the pullout couch, but we spared him of this form of birth control and made them sleep in their room. :)

I have to thank my brother for being so kind to two little boys who really genuinely admire and look up to him. They thought Wes hung the moon before we visited him down in Florida, but after this visit they think he hung the stars too. Thank you Uncle Wesley, you provided your nephews a very positive role model and you have no idea how special that is to their parents. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment