October 2, 2015

Can I go back!?! (beach post 2)

Seriously. I need to go back. The weather at home has turned all fall-like, but not the pretty fall weather. The gloomy, cold, windy fall...where I am already feeling my seasonal depression starting. And my kids are being awful. Not even joking, I think something has filled them with serious demon spirits. I am about at my wit's end. And work has been, well, more stressful than normal to put it mildly. I've actually considered a career change to something more manageable. Like a Wal Mart greeter?? I'm tired of bringing home stress and work. I'd really like to run away...and not tell anyone where I am going. Though you'd probably figure it out...

OK, I will quit crying and get on with it.

I will begin this with some breakfast balcony posts...the boys loved it, I loved it, Josh ate inside. The view was perfect, the boys thought it was ok to chuck blueberries off the 11th story balcony, and the coffee just tasted better. I did stop them, by the way...after the first one was launched to "see what would happen." Guess they haven't learned about gravity yet.

After breakfast we would sunscreen up and get dressed and head down to the beach! Our day consisted of laying around, building sand castles and/or digging tunnels and holes, looking up at the sky at all the aircraft that flew by, hunting for sea shells and trying to catch stuff with our nets (I caught a crab at one point! And Josh caught a huge jelly fish!). Oh, and snow cones from a short walk down the beach!

Keagan and Finn took LOTS and LOTS of selfies...here are just a few of the hundreds I found on my camera...

One of the "take a nap" bribes was to fly kites...  It was fun, but hard to do with a lot of people around and two kids who didn't understand to not tangle the kite strings!

Keagan wanted a selfie with me...but his arms were too small, so I did the honors. But don't think there weren't a few up-the-nose selfies of myself with Keagan that I chose not to post. Keagan took so so so many pictures, there were some cute ones and some that were the most unflattering pictures of me in a bathing suit (those, obviously, did NOT get posted...). I suppose I am thankful that I am documented in pictures on our family beach vacation, because otherwise the only pics of me would be fully staged ones of our family that I asked a stranger to take.

 We started with a balcony picture...so we will end with one for this post. The view never gets old...            

No comments:

Post a Comment