October 7, 2015

An Oreo Adendum

I was just saying a few weeks ago that "to date, I have tried all the Oreos that have come out, except Caramel Apple..."  Well, I guess I should say that I have tried all the ones that I have been made aware of. Apparently there are Spam Oreos in Hawaii (my mom told me this the other day. sounds disgusting. I must try.) and there are also some toasted coconut and cinnamon bun Oreos. But those last two I just found out about the other day from Devon and Stacey (my friends know me so well)...so other than the caramel apple ones, I was caught up.

But then I went to Target. In case you don't know, there is not a Target in my town, or any town close. We have a Wal-Mart and a Dollar General. And that's about it. So, I went to Target while on a girls weekend and stumbled upon the caramel apple Oreos. I had (keyword: had) been looking for those last year when they first made their appearance. I couldn't find them, and I actually gave up. Yep, I gave up. (gasp!) So when I stumbled upon them I immediately scooped them up as if they would be going fast (there was no one else around them) and gently placed them in the cart. Stacey was with me, and she nodded sweetly at me...I really think it might be the same way we nod at our preschooler's when they come up with a "bright" idea that isn't really that awesome. I would do the same thing to me, too. So I tried to play it cool...but I was dying inside! I found the elusive caramel apple Oreos!!! I am "caught up" on my Oreo tasting!! And I only bought one package. YAY!

So let's talk about them briefly. They are yummy...they taste like a caramel apple. And they have a lovely green and caramel creme in the middle. It screams Autumn, and though I love summer I really do like the fall flavors. I was hoping that the caramel cream would actually be a little more caramel-y...and less creamy? Though I don't think that's the purpose of the Oreo.  And it hasn't stopped me from liking them!

So, I thought I was caught up, but then I learned about those new flavors I mentioned above. So I guess I am on the hunt again for these new flavors...  BUT I will pat myself on the back, because I no longer have a 3-feet high pile of Oreos in my pantry (they are in my freezer now) and my blogging is current.

Aren't you glad you read this very important content?! Wow...



No comments:

Post a Comment