November 22, 2014

Big Change #1

I told you there were some "big changes" coming up and I meant it! Our baby is no longer a baby. He is a big boy. Finn has shocked me and his daddy and is completely out of diapers. He is in big-boy undies all day and all night now. It is something we never in our wildest dreams imagined would happen so soon. I mean, he just turned two at the end of July. He had been asking and/or telling us he needed to poop prior to us going to Disney World. I didn't think a whole lot about it, but knew I was not prepared to undergo potty training AND Disney World all in the same lot. So I tabled potty training until we got back. And sometime in October I tested the waters by just cold-turkey putting him in underwear. Well, he dirtied them pretty quickly and didn't think a thing about it. So I figured it was still too soon to try and potty train. But I wanted one more shot, so I did a couple "naked" days where he literally ran around buck-naked. And he had zero accidents. So, I put him in undies on the third day. And he stayed dry. And he has been like this every since we did the naked-bootcamp. And a few weeks ago we ran out of diapers, he was wearing them for naps and at night only but was keeping them dry, so we decided to cold-turkey go to undies for naps and at night. He has had one accident and it was at 7 in the morning because he slept later than normal. He has had a couple accidents over the past month but he has truly impressed us with how big of a boy he is. We never expected this to happen so soon, but we are tickled. NO MORE DIAPERS!! And he is obsessed with his big-boy underoos. 

Potty training lasted a lot longer with his brother, so I got a ton of fun pictures with Keagan...but not so much with Finn. But here are a few cute ones!

Goofiness with Mommy's glasses while pottying one morning...

During our Naked Potty Training Boot-Camp. I couldn't resist...who doesn't cook bare-bottomed?
w

Strength in Numbers when it comes to potty-training. Finn had to have his "BunBun" (i.e. his bunny...which he is obsessed with) and his "Na-Na" (blanket) close by in the early days...whatever it takes!

Oh sweet Finn. You have truly impressed us all. How quickly you have grown up and how emotionally torn I am. I am so glad for you to be out of diapers and so proud of you for being such a big boy already, but I deeply miss my baby already! It amazes me how quickly time flies...

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the glasses picture and his sweet little face! So proud of Finn! Grey could use some pointers. Baby #4 has ='d lots of accidents :(.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Finn's progress!!

    ReplyDelete