November 9, 2014

Pumpkin Carving: having kids changes everything.

I told you Halloween was pretty much the entire month of October...and now we are reliving it during the month of November!!! Check out these cool pumpkin wraps that  my mom found for the boys. The funny thing is, they perfectly went with their costumes! Coincidence? I am not sure..but either way the boys thought it was pretty awesome! I liked these because they were no-mess...

But...mess HAD to happen anyways. Keagan was begging to make a J-j-j-jack-o-lantern. He likes to sound out words these days, and jack-o-lantern is one of these words. Normally we get all involved in pumpkin carving: the more elaborate, the better. It is an event. But this year, there really was no time for such events in all of our other events...and everyone knows two little boys don't have the attention span necessary to create such works of art. Keagan was thrilled to have a traditional Jack-o-lantern. The boys really enjoyed the entire process, which only took about 20 minutes! 

These next few pictures make me laugh. I can tell who is going to be my surgeon and who is not. Keagan is like his momma in that he doesn't like to get his hands dirty. He made faces the entire time he was cleaning out the pumpkin, and I think Josh did most of it for him. I totally get it, Keag. I hate stuff like that too. Finn, on the other hand, dove right in. And he enjoyed every moment. He was so serious and intent. I think he actually did most of his on his own! 

Pretty happy with the finished products! Well, Finn looks like he had a rough night...

I love in-the-dark pumpkin pictures, but trying to get one of these with two boys who do not know how to hold still is nearly impossible. So we yelled and threatened and finally they held still enough...but then they look upset. It's a no-win situation. Something funny to me though is that Keagan's pumpkin looks like it is looking up at him and laughing!! 

ONE MORE POST!! ONE MORE POST!! ONE MORE POST!! say it with me: ONE MORE POST!!  That's right: only one more Halloween post!

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen pumpkin wraps but that's totally awesome that theirs matched their costumes! Go Grandma or whatever they call her ;). I adore their facial expressions - those pictures are awesome. I'm on team Finn personally - I like to get all up in there. I'm with you in that pumpkin carving will never again be the same though ;). We did painting this year and did not carve one at all :(. yay for y'all for doing both!

    ReplyDelete