They had a bounce house and little games set up for the kids to participate in, and the teachers were all dressed up. It was a really cute little party. Keagan's preschool really goes above and beyond to give the kids a good learning experience.
Keagan and his buddy Penn..who lives across the street. Penn was a doctor, and Keagan is a Ninja Turtle who is missing his shell and mask. I guess they were too confining during game play.
This is a sweet picture of Keagan (and the other kids) praying before their snack. This is a church-based preschool and the Christian preschool songs he comes home singing make my heart sing. Another thing that my 4 year old is really "eating up" besides the alphabet and phonics is God and the Bible. And I love to watch him learn this. He had me tickled the other day because he was asking if God would bring him such-and-such toy. I told him that God and Santa Clause were not the same. And he said something along the lines of God being able to see him and is All-Powerful (thank you, AWANA! He remembered this "core truth) and so he could just bring that toy to him. I don't quite remember all that he said...he said a lot...but it had me laughing. We still have a lot to learn about God...but he has figured out what Santa does!
Keagan's teacher is Ms. Linda in the Dorothy costume
Part of Finn's screams and demands were that the tables were set up with the food when we first walked in. And anyone who knows this child, knows he really enjoys eating. Well, it wasn't time for the kids to eat yet so Finn basically threw a fit the entire first half of the party. He cannot stand to not get what he wants. But when it was time for the kids to eat, Keagan was kind enough to share his snacks. And then one of the teachers took pity on Finley and set him up a chair and plate. He actually did a happy dance..it was pretty funny.
After snack time, the teachers dumped all the candy out on the floor for a "candy run." I was a little freaked out by this...I just couldn't see it ending well. But I guess I was picturing a bunch of 3-and-4 year olds with my addiction to candy paired with grown-men strength. But that's not at all how it was. The kids were so good..there were no tears, no fighting, nothing ugly. I was impressed.
I apologize for the lack of quality in these pictures. I just took my phone and the lighting was poor...so there are a lot of fuzzy ones. But you get the idea... :)
















That first picture of Finn is HILARIOUS...I mean, really?! So funny! You can bribe him with that later for sure. I totally forgot that you had bangs so when that family pic first popped up I was like "what, who is that with J's kids?"! True story! oh my...I blame my baby brain. Sigh. I'm with you and the candy dump thing..I think my heart rate increased when I saw that picture of the kids and all that candy. Fun party!
ReplyDelete