December 7, 2014

big change #2 - a new room

Welp. We have babies no more. We now have two big boys. Two big boys who really enjoy each others company. Spend the nights between Keagan and Finn started before we went to Disney, but our plan was to put the boys in the same room if/when we had another baby as we only have 3 bedrooms downstairs. Well, the boys enjoyed sleeping together so much while we were in Disney World that we moved the toddler beds together when we got home. They slept better together and couldn't handle being apart. And it was decided to go ahead and just make them a big boy room. So, over the past couple of months we did just that! It was a challenge, I had to first get past "losing" the first nursery I ever had. (this was my pride and joy...I loved Keagan's nursery so much...probably my favorite room in the house) Then I had to find a bunk bed that I a) liked, and b) wanted to spend the money on. Finally, I had to paint over the stripes (that my parents painstakingly painted while I was pregnant). Correction: sand-sand-paint-sand-paint-sand-paint. It was a beast to paint over. And while the process was going on, Keagan actually came in and teared up over his stripes being gone. So sad...but I don't think he remembers them much anymore, his big boy room is pretty cool!

Here is his nursery...a "before" picture:

Keagan and Annie in Keagan's toddler room:

The Big-Boy Room!  We all love it...but the boys especially love it!

The boys in their respective beds. Excuse the winter coats, we were headed outside to play when I stopped them for a picture. And ignore Keagan's "smile" ... this is him lately! He forces it and it looks scary. 

I was able to get a bunch of their toys and their train table in the room. And all of their clothes and shoes. I painted their old dresser grey to lighten up the room and tried to put shelves to move stuff up off the ground/dresser top. I really wanted to give everything a "home" because two little boys with all their toys in one little room could get junky really fast. I am super happy with the outcome, and so are our "big" boys. Hard to believe, really.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED Keagan's nursery - especially the stripes, but I'm happy to say you did a remarkable job on the Big Boys room. I know it was physically (hello sanding!) and emotionally difficult to change. Well done! I can't wait to see it in person. :)

    ReplyDelete