December 28, 2014

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was a frenzy of activities...from both Josh and I working that day, then rushing home to clean and wrap presents to get ready for Gamma and Poppy's arrival, then Keagan and I whipping out some sugar cookies. Once evening came and so did Gamma and Poppy, we all rushed to decorate the cookies while Josh cooked supper, and then it was time to start a new Christmas Eve tradition: new jammies, an ornament for each boy, and a new movie. Right before bed, we checked Santa's location on the internet (my how times have changed), picked out cookies for Santa, and then read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. Then into bed the boys went...just in time for Santa to arrive. Finn was completely wound up. Keagan went straight to sleep...must've been the threats that Santa wouldn't come until he fell asleep! Before Keagan drifted off to sleep he told us that when he heard Santa come into our house he was gonna tip-toe sneakily out of his room and spy on Santa. :)

The typically arduous task of decorating sugar cookies was accomplished quickly by a bunch of us and was really fun. I think it only took an hour to beautify all of our cookies!The boys were an absolute trip. I gave Keagan one rule (beyond how to hold the piping bag): the entire cookie needed to be iced before moving to the next because everyone likes icing more than naked cookies. He took this rule seriously and piled on the icing. We actually had to encourage him to move on! And Finn....well, Finn's rule was to try and not pick and eat the icing off the cookies. The first thing he said to Gamma when we all sat down to decorate was "put da icing in Me mouth. Ahh."  We all got a good laugh out of this. (Finn talks a LOT, and is very smart and imaginative. But his grammar is hilarious...and instead of saying "my" he says "ME" and it is the funniest thing. Especially with his little accent.) 

Keagan had to have a taste of icing too. And Gamma obliged.

Finn's face tells a lot: he consumed a LOT of icing.

Keagan's Christmas tree...see what I am talking about? He followed my single rule to a T...

This picture is hilarious...I spy a little cookie spy!

After dinner and after cookies...the boys snuggled with their Poppy on the couch.

New Jammies (we opted out of Christmas Jammies this year...and went with Spiderman) and New ornaments. Finn got a Spiderman, and he was super disturbed that Spiderman was upside-down, and Keagan got a Ninja Turtle. These were their favorites this year...so why not represent them in ornaments.

Movie Time!! I surprised the boys with Planes Fire and Rescue and pulled their chairs out into the living room for them. They love this movie but both were so wound up that they didn't stay for long in their chairs. But I got some precious pictures of them before their rambunctiousness took over...

Then Santa Came!!!  Off to bed for these tired adults...we knew we'd be up early Christmas Morning!

1 comment:

  1. The Christmas cookies look so good and I cracked up - like out loud laughed at Finn's request. Also, the pick of Lori putting icing in his mouth reminds me of us doing that to each other in preparation for K's turtle party? I believe we have pictures of it actually. Ha ha ha. I mean, I can't blame him really.

    The pics of the boys in their chairs? So precious!!!

    Love the new traditions!

    ReplyDelete