Christmas morning arrived all too early. But we "caged" the little boys in the hallway to prevent them from going out to the livingroom before we could get out there. It's a good thing we did, too because they were chomping at the bit to see what Santa brought!!
And then the fun began...they didn't know where to turn! So.Many.Presents!! And, really, this year wasn't a "big" Christmas year. What I mean is, their presents were significantly smaller in size this year than years past. It kind of shocked me how much floor space we actually had. Don't get me wrong, these boys got everything their little hearts could dream up...
All Keagan asked for from Santa was "a shed." I had to interpret because if you heard him say this, it actually sounded like he was asking for, well, a dirty word. Get my drift? He wanted Tidmouth Sheds from Thomas the Tank Engine collection. Santa did not disappoint. At first Keagan wasn't as excited as we all hoped he would be. In fact, it wasn't until much later in the day that the excitement set in. I actually thought that maybe he wasn't happy with it...but he was.
But then he opened up a present from Grandma. And he went absolutely ape! And he actually remarked that he JUST KNEW that was what he was getting. Silly kid!
Finn was pretty excited about his present from Grandma, too. But what was so funny is that by this point he was having to be coaxed into opening presents. You can tell by his face that he was over it. It was just too much for a little guy.
Great books from Great Grandma Gail! These boys LOVE a good book!
Opening presents from Aunt Hannah...
Pitiful...not sure what happened here, but I will say that these were the only real tears that morning. Pretty impressive. Yet had to be documented...
Fun "big" towels from Grandma and Grandpa...and they even have their names! AND Keagan got Ninja Turtles and Finn got Spidey! Couldn't be more perfect!!
Gamma even had a little surprise under the tree! You see, this is hugely exciting...she usually purchases then wraps her own Christmas gifts. This year, Poppy surprised her with a FitBit!! She was so excited and we all applauded Poppy for his good job! I absolutely LOVE Gamma's face in the last picture...sheer surprise and happiness!! Nothing better. :)
Keagan and Finn got new boots from Gamma and Poppy...Keagan was excited to be getting "huntin' boots!" And they also got snow suits...so they are ready for cold weather!
Finn actually got to the point in the present-opening that he needed help to open his presents. Poor guy!
The Aftermath. YIKES!
Let the play-time begin!!
Checking out his new pretend box...
Aunt Jenny and Uncle Clay showed up. The boys couldn't get enough of them!
The (little) boys got remote control helicopters (from their daddy)...but I think these were gifts more for the "big" boys. And they tried to take down all my breakable decoration throughout the house. At one point the pesky helicopter became stuck behind the television. Just prior to that happening I joked that Josh was trying to get himself a new TV...I really think he may have been trying!
Not really sure how the Duck Dynasty beard came into the room...but it found its way out of the boys closet and onto Clay's face. And it was too hilarious not to photograph!
And while Uncle Clay took a nap on the couch, the rest of us watched Keagan's train track grow-and-grow-and-grow throughout the living and dining rooms. Pretty fun! And Aunt Jenny was kind enough to indulge Keagan's passion and build and build and build for hours.
What a wonderful Christmas Day. Unfortunately Josh had to work that afternoon and evening and so our Christmas meal waited until the next day. I was incredibly thankful that, despite Josh having to work on Christmas, I was surrounded by loving family who kept me and the boys company until Josh came home late that night.
OK - the shed is awesome and I'm pretty sure my boy would LOVE it. That last picture reminds me of my house on most days. Trains everywhere but they play with them for forever so I'm totally ok with it.
ReplyDeleteI think my fave part of this post is Lori's expression over her fitbit. How sweet is that? Love it.
You didn't say what you and Joshie got for Christmas?!?!?