My parents and brother and sister came into town for Thanksgiving this year. This alone is something to be thankful for, as my dad was originally going to be in Afghanistan for both the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. It was such a blessing to get the text from mom that he wasn't going...and an even bigger blessing to receive the second text that I needed to get the turkey ready because they'd be here! My dad hadn't seen the boys since last Christmas (Finn was only 5 months old) and I was so glad that he would be able to see them. They've both changed so much and time really slips away quickly. The kids ate up all the attention from their grandparents and their aunt and uncle; you could see the bonds forming. It was wonderful to watch.
Grandma brought window clings for her boys...they are obsessed! We just have to watch Finn...he has a tendency to eat the little pieces.
The best snuggles ever for Aunt Hannah.
Finn became Grandpa's boy for the weekend.
"Playing Trains" with Grandpa...on a more adult-train set...Keagan had a tough time being gentle and "giant baby" tended to walk on the track. And it became more of a chore for my dad than playtime, he and my mom kept having to re-couple trains and place them on the track. Maybe in a couple more years!
looking through the tunnel...
Hannah took full advantage of the lazy Thanksgiving day...and hadn't even had any tryptophan (I mean, turkey) yet! But the dogs were A-Okay with napping!
What's a Thanksgiving post without a table-setting picture. We let the kids sit in on the action but neither were too thrilled with Thanksgiving dinner.
On Black Friday we didn't go shopping. Darn. ;) We took our time getting breakfast and then getting ready. We loaded all SEVEN people into my highlander and drove up to Paducah to enjoy the weather and do some touristy sight-seeing at the river walk. My mom has been to downtown Paducah, but my dad has not and was interested in the history as well as the train. (are you seeing a theme?!) Getting in/out of my vehicle took some finessing, but we figured out the order of who-gets-in/out-first before too long. I was pretty impressed that we all fit! :)

Downtown Paducah and River Walk.


Dad and his girls

After lunch we did go into Sam's Club and I snapped these pics of my kids with my siblings...it makes my heart sing to see the attachments forming. I remember how much I adored my aunts and uncles at such a young age...and I still adore all of them. I can only hope this is the beginning of great things!

My family ended up leaving a day early, but Finn got in a few more snuggles with his Grandpa on his last night with him. I'm telling you, this child MIGHT have turned a corner!!! He is getting so pleasant. (I breathed those words...he will likely make me eat them now!)
OK, so I know it's been forever since I last blogged. Really, nothing exciting has been going on and I haven't really had much energy for the blog. I was kind of thinking of letting the blog go...but think I was just going through a rut. I know lots of people (family) enjoy reading this so I will try and keep up a little better. I have a few things in my queue....so hopefully before too long I will churn out another post! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!













You may not stop blogging so you can just get on over that and make peace with the patchy posting (like I have). We are busy Mommies so we gotta just do it when we can. love all the pictures and love that they came to visit for the holiday.
ReplyDelete