December 6, 2013

Snow Day

The title of this post implies that the content will be pictures of snow, etc. But nope! We are in the middle of a winter storm right now. (actually, "Winter Storm Cleon." Yup, they are naming winter storms like they name hurricanes.) The schools in the area, including the daycares, are all closed. We are getting sleet and some snow and it is dang cold, but so far it doesn't seem that bad. Thankfully. But since I am home, and we are all still in our jammies, I thought I'd throw together a quick blog...videos and pictures that don't really fit anywhere else, or in any other category. We have cookies in the oven and are watching Santa feed his reindeer on the Reindeer Cam...and Keagan thinks it's Christmas already!  The whole day is a mishmash of stuff, so why not carry the theme here?

Sweet sleepy babies...coming off a week of being sick. Finn was diagnosed with RSV (again), and I assume Keagan had it too...we just never took him to the doc. Both are on breathing treatments. Here's some math: Finn has 4 breathing treatments/day. Keagan has 3, with two of those having two different med. Add it up, that's 9 a day...equivalent to about 2.5 hours a day. As if I had nothing better to do!

Say Cheese!! Anytime you bring out the phone and take a picture of Finn he says "cheese!" So I thought I'd try to capture it on video. I did, kinda. But what I really captured was his intensely rough personality! And yes, I am laughing at him as he beats my phone, but honestly I don't know what else to do! I would be reprimanding him CONSTANTLY if I got onto him with stuff like this...and if I didn't laugh I would cry!


And just as rough as he is as you see in the videos above, he is equally as loving. I've always said he was a passionate baby. He really is. This video makes my heart just sing.



Keagan and Finn don't realize it, but the giant boxes that have been living in our entry way for the past month that they have been climbing on are actually their Christmas presents!!


Finn loves the Christmas lights....and the Christmas tree. This Christmas is going to be a blast!


My "baby" is a big boy now. I actually got tears in my eyes taking these pictures of Keagan and Josh going hunting. How is it my little guy is hunting. And he gets excited when he gets to go. Sometimes when Josh goes alone and Keagan finds out, he says "Why you gonna go by yourself, Daddy?" It's pretty sad. But I am sure Josh is in hog-heaven knowing he has a hunting buddy just itching to go!!

Just as quickly as I snapped the pics of Josh and Keagan getting ready to go hunting, my big boy asked for some gummy worms to take. Then this happened...and I knew he was still my little boy.
 
Making s'mores on a cold fall evening. The boys love it. But I think it's me who likes it best! 


A couple weeks ago Stacey ended up having a vacation day she needed to burn. And of course, I took a day. Haha! We ended up going down to Nashville. Stacey named our trip Moms Gone Wild! Well, we didn't go too wild...but we did stay up until 3am... and then our duties of being wife/mom resumed the next day. That was a pretty good reminder that we aren't 21 anymore!! But it was fun pretending, at least for one night!
There was supposed to be a bunch of stars out for a block party in downtown Nashville that night...so we went to the stage to try and see. But it was so crowded, that we didn't stick around to see any!

Josh's new toy!! I can't say I was thrilled about him getting this 4-wheeler, but after some heavy "discussions" the argument was dropped. Kinda. ;) But he's already put the dang thing to good use so I can't really argue anymore. Then this happened....and after seeing my littlest boy enjoying his ride with daddy I really had to keep my mouth shut. (so enjoy it, my sweet dear husband...your "toy" fund is pretty well exhausted for a while!!)



1 comment:

  1. I love the videos of the boys - so incredibly sweet. Grey says cheese too but when he does it he wrinkles up his nose so his eyes are all squinty - it's precious! Love the one of them huggin' and kissin' though I was crackin up that Keagan was basically like "dude, I'm trying to watch a show here!!!" The hunting pictures (though precious) hurt me a tad too - boys will be boys. The four wheeler? That was an early Christmas present, right? Oh my!

    ReplyDelete