There are two ways to read this post. 1) Not read at all...simply scroll through the pictures quickly to gain a sense of what our Christmas was. You likely will not be as interested in this as I am. or 2) Read the captions. Slowly work your way through all 86 pictures (there were 550+ taken this day, so I scaled back a lot). Pretend you were actually here celebrating alllll day with the Owens family. Because Christmas took allllll day. :)
Whichever mode you choose, this commentary will apply: It was a train-table kind of Christmas. That was the boys' big present and let me just say it was a BIG hit! And still is. Christmas this year was by far the most fun since having children. Keagan got it. Even Finn got it. And both really got into it. And they were very appreciative and into each and every gift...even if they made their way back to the trains. I was very pleased with their level of enthusiasm with their gifts, but especially pleased with how pleasant they were all day. I can only hope that Christmases stay this pleasant...but with the entitlement that comes with this generation of children I am realistic that there will be expectations not met. But this year was not one of those years!
After Santa Clause arrived. Crazy!
Christmas morning was like any other: the boys woke up too early for mom and dad, climbed into our bed until we could pry our eyes open, and fussed until we finally got up. I scrambled to get out before they came out so I could capture their excitement. Luckily, they forgot it was Christmas morning and were none-the-wiser about what was going to happen. I think Poppy was more excited than anyone!!
A TRAIN TABLE!! Keagan somehow knew exactly what was wrapped in the Thomas the Train paper...and he went right to it like a moth to a flame! The excitement was awesome!
My photographers! (I only have so many hands...so Poppy had to use my video camera and Gama decided to video with her phone)
Checking out their new gas station/playhouse from Grandma and Grandpa and Finn's new 4-wheeler from Mom and Dad.
Finn got cozy coupe from Gama and Poppy so he and Keagan won't fight over the existing one...but they probably still will!
The boys received a bunch of water bottles/sippy cups for Christmas...and Finn had to try out each one!
Keagan wasn't nearly as excited about his new bike as he was his train table. It took a little convincing to get him to try it out. But at one point we looked over and he was climbing onto it!
Stocking stuffer time! Who doesn't love this part of Christmas morning?
Back to the train table...
Oscar was pretty excited about presents, too...and was right up in all the present-opening business.
Digging into the bottom of the stocking...oooooh candy!
Breakfast break! Homemade biscuits from Gama and I made bacon and egg muffin cups and a coffee cake by Trisha Yearwood. Delish!
Back to the presents train table.
This Thomas hat was the funniest thing ever...mainly because of Finn's reaction! He was so silly when Keagan put it on...Finn wanted to eat the yarn ball on the top!
Then he got his own! But again, he wanted to eat the ball on top, not wear it!
Sweet brothers.
"Hey! That's Finn....and ME!"
Keagan's big present from Poppy and Gama! His first gun!!
Finn was all about putting stuff in his mouth: he carried Mickey for a bit like this!
Seeing a theme here...?
Opening presents from Grandma and Grandpa...the books and sunglasses were a HIT!
Keagan's cool bicycle helmet. I don't think he knew quite what to think...so Josh modeled it for everyone!
Thank you Grandma Gail for the awesome books! Keagan thought they were "library books" but was excited to know he could keep these!
A joint gift from Josh's Aunt Sandra...this caused a little drama but all was good once the gift was opened. They LOVE their personalized and homemade Thomas the Train blankets...it fit the "theme" of this year's Christmas.
That afternoon Clay and Jenny came over for Christmas supper. They boys (and Oscar!) were delighted to have them here. It was a lovely visit with great food. And I pushed everyone out of their comfort zone and took a big family photo. They had to be expecting it...I mean I only walk around with a camera up against my eye 50% of the time!
Merry Christmas from the entire Owens Family! We hope you and your family enjoyed the holiday and celebration of Christ's birth. Hard to believe we are on the edge of entering a new year!
Wow - it was a trainy train kind of Christmas, huh? Grey got three little engines in his stocking and he's been carrying them around ever since. Oh the Thomas marketing crew - they are absolutely genius, right? Loved re-living the holiday with y'all. Your breakfast looked amazing: good for you! I would also like to say that you looked amazing for Christmas - I was in PJ's the majority of the day. I'm impressed you got the photo - I kept thinking about getting a big family shot but failed to make it happen. Love the new family pic framed over your couch - you are so awesome at keeping up with that. Again - when I grow up, I'd like to be like you. PS - you said nothing about what you and Josh got! I want to know...:)
ReplyDelete