January 6, 2014

Record Lows

Soooooo, it was 1 degree upon waking up this morning. ONE DEGREE people. ONE! Anyways, we knew this was coming and actually expected snow with it but the snow part didn't happen. I ran out Saturday and purchased a winter coat for Finley (Keagan already had one...) so the boys could play outside in the snow. But since the snow didn't happen I opted to try an experiment in the 2 minutes we chose to go outside. Oh. By the way. It took us 30 minutes to get bundled and ready for this 2 minute adventure. And after the 2 minute mark our noses and gloved fingers were telling us to go inside. I don't know what the wind chill was but they told us -15 to -30 degrees. Yup. and Youch.
 
I grabbed my all-terrain camera and attempted to get some pictures of our adventure: blowing bubbles and watching them freeze. But using a camera, blowing bubbles, and keeping track of two ultra-bundled kids all while wearing two pair of gloves just didn't make for good pictures of our experiment, but I got some cute ones of the boys. And that's all you care about anyways!!
 
And, yes, bubbles do freeze into little ice spheres when in 5 degree weather. I thought this was pretty cool...the concept was lost on the boys though. Maybe next year. Or maybe never...I don't really care to see these low temps again!
 

And just like that, outdoor playtime was over. The expression on Finn's face says it all. And sweet, concerned big brother is checking on his baby. While most of the time these two are fighting and playing some sort of tug-of-war, I cherish moments when Keagan shows concern for his baby brother.

Tomorrow is supposed to be above 1 degree. Thank God. But I don't think it is supposed to be above freezing. Ga.

1 comment:

  1. I really wanted to do the bubble thing but we never found the time! Sweet pics!

    ReplyDelete