November 10, 2013

Super Saturday - Fall Season Soccer Finale

A week ago was the final weekend of soccer games for Keagan, and the association calls it Super Saturday because there are pretty much two back-to-back games. It probably means more to the bigger kids, where score is actually kept and there are winners and losers. (That sounds bad...but you know what I mean...) But for Keagan's age, everyone's a winner! So the roughest part about Super Saturday is having to brave the cold (46 degrees that day) and wind, and toting a one year old around. Luckily Gama and Poppy came to watch Keagan play (he was very surprised!) and kept Finley company too. Finn was the best he's ever been at big brother's soccer games. I brought the wagon this time to carry Finn and all our stuff because Josh had to work all weekend, and this was a great idea. You can bet I will be bringing the wagon from now on to events like this!
Keagan played outstanding in his first game. They played the Pink team. And they played the Pink team (all girls) every game because they were the only other U4 team this season. It was helpful to our boys though, because they could figure out who to take the ball from and which goal to kick towards. At one point during the season I heard Keagan loudly say to his teammates, during a game mind you, that "Boys go to that Goal, and Girls go to that Goal!" It was really helpful. Now, I don't know what will happen next year when his team likely plays another team of all boys. But we will cross that bridge if/when it happens. Here are some great videos of Keagan scoring during the first game. He scored 4 goals! My voice is more irritating than ever in these videos, just know that I know this. I really should just keep my mouth shut...what I am "yelling" to Keagan isn't helpful. At all. And he probably didn't even hear it...but you get to. Or you can mute it and just watch him. Oh, and he's the one with a black hood on his head and white striped pants. Or the one doing the scoring...because why would I post a video of another kid....




 
Good Game. Good Game. Good Game....
Getting his trophy! Keagan doesn't look proud of his trophy in this picture, but you better believe it is proudly displayed on his dresser. He was super proud of it! :)

After the first game, the boys had soccer pictures. I don't know when I will receive the professional pictures, but I snapped a few of my own. Keagan's picture smile is pretty goofy these days, unless you capture him in his own element. So no telling how the professional ones will turn out!! During the team picture, the photographer told the boys to look serious. Keagan put his hands on his hips. Wonder where he got that...
I have to say that this season's soccer experience was fantastic. I couldn't be happier and I can only hope that Coach Brad will do this again, and Keagan can be on his team! He and Mrs. Robin did a great job not only coaching the boys, but loving them and allowing them to be little boys. It was such a great team experience and Keagan thoroughly enjoyed himself. And I couldn't be happier as a soccer mom (yep, I said it. I am a soccer mom. I need a mini van now. Ugh.). You can see it in his face how much he enjoyed himself!
The second game...a bit of a doozy for Keagan. He was worn out, bored, cold, and lacking attention. Combine that with a pretty good fall (check out the video) and an elbow to the eye and he was d.o.n.e.  So he and one of his teammates played on, under, and around the bench under Mrs. Robin's watchful eye. What he played, he played good. But he didn't play much at all the second game.



 
I think Keagan will play again in the Spring time, at least I hope he wants to. He is getting pretty good at it. Well, "good" is relative to age...  But in between games he told me he wanted to play baseball next year. Soooo, we will see what we get into in the spring! 

2 comments:

  1. Those videos are a trip - what a good little soccer player he is!!! Love the Mommy voice but lemme just tell you that if he keeps playing you can't say "come on baby" when he's 17! Ha. The pictures are so cute and I love the coaches "coach face" in the team picture. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha linds I guess you're right...gonns have to cool it with the sideline coaching. ;)

      Delete