November 8, 2018

Playing Catch-up (Ivy at 4 and 5 months)

Well. Behind is my middle name. Or maybe it is Busy. Either way, I don't think life could get any busier right now and because of that I am behind in everything in my life. Housework, laundry, exercise, showering, paying bills, painting my toenails, my blog....I blinked and realized Ivy was 5 months old, then I realized I didn't put together her 4 month blog. So, here it is: Months 4 and 5.

In a nutshell, Ivy's 4th month of life went something like this: rolling over, sleeping through the night, not sleeping through the night, still not sleeping through the night, refusing to take a bottle, taking a bottle, refusing to take a bottle again, reflux, new reflux meds, lots of spit up.  Along the way we have also had a lot of sweet belly laughs, sweet sibling moments, embarrassing blow-outs and wardrobe issues, and a whole lot of adorable cooing.

At Ivy's 4 month check up she weighed in at 13 lbs 9.5 ounces and was 26" long. She had grown quite a bit and attained the 30th percentile (up from 7th percentile at 2 months!) but reflux was still a huge issue permeating our lives and her ability to be comfortable. We changed reflux meds and she has been much happier.



There is absolutely nothing sweeter than watching Maclyn love on her baby sister...except maybe when they are wearing matching outfits made by Grandma!

Not only did Ivy start refusing bottles again (I guess maybe it was a continuation...?) she started sucking on her pacifier here are there (spoiler, in her 5th month she still doesn't take it well and I pray daily that she would start taking it!)

Can you tell Ivy hates bottles? Look at her face....bless. It is hard work. In fact (spoiler again), in her 5th month she is no better with a bottle. Makes working that much more stressful.

So much sibling love. The kids still cannot get enough of her. We have to watch Maclyn, she will lay on top of her to get as close as she can! And the boys still fight over who gets to hold Ivy the most...

In September our good friends Ryan and Tera welcomed their sweet Ledger! Another sweet boy to love on and to watch grow up on the lake and soccer fields! I didn't realize how big my teeny baby Ivy was until we put the babies side-by-side. And I had forgotten just how tiny newborns are...it was fun to snuggle a fresh baby again.

Oh heavens...paci (a fluke) and hands crossed... be still my heart.

Ivy doesn't get put down much. From the soccer fields to cooking supper to potty training Mac, Ivy is either being held or in a baby wrap/carrier...spoiled much?

Her faces are precious, especially when she has something to say...

If I am holding Ivy when I tuck Maclyn into bed, Mac demands that Ivy lay right next to her. This particular time Mac decided to read her baby sister a book. I couldn't resist...I had to take a million pictures.

In Ivy's 5th month we have started to really see her sweet personality blossom. Josh says often that she is the sweetest baby we have had. She does give us a run for our money and does cry a lot in the car, but I do believe he is right...she is very, very sweet. She loves to chat with people and her laugh is very soft. She is much smaller than my other babies ever were so maybe that makes her so much sweeter? I think it is because she is just so tolerant of her siblings, our crazy schedule, and life in general. She has really become a laid back baby (with the exceptions of sleep and bottles) and has become "famous" to our friends for her tongue...which sticks out all the time!

At Ivy's 4 month check-up the doctor recommended I start her on baby food because it might help her reflux issues and her weight gain. Well, being that she is the 4th baby and I have so.much.else going on, baby food didn't happen until we closed in on 5 months. She now eats baby cereal nightly (it doesn't help with her sleep) and we just started on butternut squash last night. I can't say she loves any of it, but she tolerates it.

The famous TONGUE!!

Ivy really loves to laugh at and play with her brothers, and they eat up her attention. 

Ivy's 5-month pictures!! I couldn't pick just one...she is just so darn cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment