Good Bye Okaloosa Island, Florida.
Hurricane Party!! Doesn't everyone get a pedicure and eat pizza during a hurricane party?!
During our hurricane party, Josh and I did all kinds of searches looking for a plan and a place to spend the rest of the week. About 11:30 that night I booked a condo in Orange Beach, AL. It turned out that some friends of ours were evacuated to the same building to stay with family who already were there. The next morning we got a call from the condo owner and they gave us the option to back out of our rental because they didn't know if they could clean it with the decrease in staff due to the hurricane warning. We called Kristen and asked her to check out the condo to see what condition it was in. She said it was great and she even started laundry and made beds up for us while we made our way down. How amazing is that!? If you are reading this, thank you again Kristen!!! After I booked the condo I looked over at my babies all asleep in the same bed and got a good laugh. How heart warming to me that we could salvage this vacation for them. They never knew the worry or stress.
The next morning we leisurely got up and got ready for the day. We took the kids to the USS Alabama battleship and enjoyed some history. I also enjoyed showing the kids a place from my childhood. When I was a little girl in Girl Scouts, our troop stayed the night on the USS Alabama. It was such a neat experience then and I thoroughly enjoyed sharing this with my kids!
Then! (can you figure out which one is me?)
Now!
This little boy was absolutely in heaven while we were on the battleship.
Hurricane Michael making landfall. We didn't know yet what devastation lay ahead. Such a sad day for those in Panama City Beach and nearby areas.
After touring the USS Alabama we headed on down to Orange Beach to continue the rest of our vacation. Nothing like true spontaneity. And a bit of crazy? We really were gambling and didn't know what we were getting into... but we were pleasantly surprised. And our condo was gorgeous and twice as big as what we were staying in in Florida. AND because we got a partial refund, we were not out any money!!







































No comments:
Post a Comment