Oh!
How I long for these lazy lake days. We have so much fun and I miss it
so! Our kids do, too. It won't be long, though, before we are back out
on Kentucky Lake! (I know, I know...it's gonna be different with a
toddler and a newborn baby...I am not delusional)
Here are the last of last year's lake memories...
What happens to a baby's face after an Oreo cookie is demolished!
We took Gamma and Poppy on a boat ride to dinner on Lake Barkley. These pictures are from the return ride and you can tell these three are super happy to have their grandparents' undivided attention!! Poor Gamma had to endure Keagan's and Finn's never-ending conversation for the entire 40 minute boat ride!!
Nothing like a good boat ride to make you sleepy...
Lunchtime on the boat is the best time!
A fun weekend when we ran into Maegan and Maeci (Keagan's "girlfriend") on their jet ski. The boys thoroughly enjoyed getting to ride on the jet ski and having Maeci take a ride with us on our boat!
Looking back at these pictures makes me long for sweet summertime more than just about anything...but seeing my sweet baby in her ruffle swimsuit just about does me in!! She was so sweet and so easy and so super cute. And because she wasn't walking yet, we hardly worried about what she was into!! Oh and twice-a-day naps on the boat were fantastic!!
Another boat day, another adorable swimsuit. And curls! Heaven help me...
The boys found a nest of baby turtles! And shortly after they found it, some friends joined us and their boys enjoyed playing with the turtles. (poor turtles...) Keagan and Finn had a great time with Cayson and Carter (you may recognize Cayson from soccer pictures, the boys have played soccer together a long time)
Strong boys!!
After
playtime on the beach, we decided to go out with our friends on their
boat! Ryan and Tera have a wakeboard boat and talked Josh and I into
trying to wakeboard! After watching them do it and a little bit of
liquid courage, we decided to try...it wasn't pretty but we both got
up!!
Here is what it should look like....(this is Ryan)
And then there is Josh and I...
And then there's the peanut gallery (or cheerleading team?)...
Our beautiful playground!!
So
this picture. It just looks like a few little boys peeing off the back
of the boat. But it turned into a swimming lesson for Finley! And we
laugh at it now, but when it happened (and that night when I realized
what could have happened) it was scary. See all these boys have their
life preservers on. Finn decided in a split second to take his off (must
have happened after we snapped this picture and then turned our heads)
and in that very same second little Carter pushed Finley into the lake.
Thankfully someone saw it and alerted me. Thankfully Ryan's boat motor
is under the boat. I drug him back into the boat while Tera wore out
Carter's bottom for pushing Finley into the lake. Finn's shorts were
still around his ankles. He was just fine, and actually said he could
swim now! And that I should be proud because he kept his eyes open under
the water!! And while he got his bottom chewed for taking his life
jacket off, I am beyond thankful that he was fine. And that he now knows
how to swim!! They say total emersion swim lessons are the way to
go....
A
sort-of group picture/attempt at a selfie after everyone calmed down
from the above incident! We had such a great time that day...and every
day we went out on the lake!






















































No comments:
Post a Comment