February 24, 2018

Beach Days - Sand Sun and the Sea

Even though Hurricane Nate met us down in Destin, we had a wonderful week of being beach bums. Lots of sand. Lots of sun. And lots of the sea. Afterall, isn't that what this vacation was about?! YES! I have compiled all of our beach pictures into one blog post for ease of just getting the blog done. And there are a bunch (duh). But there could be double if Keagan had not 100% deleted the pictures from the waterproof camera. I had prayed that maybe he didn't actually delete them, and that maybe he just hit a setting that "filed" them away somewhere...but nope, gone. Forever. I am a little ill over this because I recall some sweet pictures at the pool of Finn being a brave boy and jumping in and of Maclyn enjoying the crisp pool water and Keagan swimming under the water. But what's done is done, so what you get are cell phone pictures! At least I have these!

We love hanging out on the balcony in the early morning, watching the waves and the beach service set up the chairs and umbrellas.

After getting enough coffee in my system while sitting on the balcony I begin the task of sunscreening 3 little bodies, and then I get ready myself. And then we decide which toys and beach stuff we want to lug down to our little plot of sand for the day. It is a process! But once we are down at the beach, we are pretty much down at the beach all day long. We even got lucky again to get child #3 to nap on the beach! Of course, lots and lots of pictures of little Mac napping were made!

Maclyn was still not walking yet so she was carried around everywhere. And to be quite honest, it made life easier because we knew just where she was at all times! That, and the fact that she didn't love the sand, kept her caged on her blanket!

 Nice calm waters meant Maclyn went swimming with Daddy! Look closely and you can see two little heads bobbing right in the middle of the picture with the parasail.

Sno-cones!!

Uncle Wesley sent the boys these awesome Blue Angels kites and they had a blast flying them! The pictures make the kites look like real airplanes flying above!

Oh how I long to go back!!! And there is no telling when we will be able to go!
         

No comments:

Post a Comment