December 27, 2016

Santa! I know him!!

While we were in Walmart one random day we ran into Santa Clause. The boys LOVED it. But it caught both of them off guard and so they didn't know what to "ask" for. It did spurn on a strong desire to "go see Santa" from both of the boys as well as a noticeable questioning of the truth of Santa from Keagan...

The week before Christmas came and I realized that we still hadn't taken the boys to sit on Santa's lap. I scrambled and called Patti's to see if they had reservations because I knew we could see Santa there. Luckily they actually had an opening for late that afternoon so after work we got ready and headed to see Santa! We quizzed the boys on what they'd be asking Santa for...and didn't really understand Finley's gift and Keagan wouldn't tell us. I asked him if he wanted to write Santa a letter. He said he would just tell him, but he wasn't going to tell us. That stinker. Well, long-story short, he whispered it to Santa and (thankfully!) Mrs. Clause came through with the information. There was one small problem. When we compared what they told S.C. to what was in the Toys R Us Wishbook, we realized Santa wasn't gonna be bringing their desired toys: $200 Nerf gun RC models/drones. Um............

At Patti's 1880 Settlement Restaurant:

Finn's eyes crack me up when they brought our dessert! Check out the height of that meringue!

After supper we went directly to see Santa and the lights outside! Take note of Keagan's sneaky whispering to Santa what he wanted. This cracked us up...he really didn't want us knowing what he asked for!!  (check out Santa's eyes........um. strange?)


No comments:

Post a Comment