Christmas traditions are always fun. This year is probably the first year that the boys expected certain things to happen from years past. I thoroughly enjoyed their expectations because that meant that they remembered all the little things that I had done in years past. One thing that they remembered doing, and insisted on tackling again, was gingerbread houses. Keagan read some stories in school about a gingerbread boy that ran away so he also wanted to make gingerbread boy cookies. This year I let the boys completely take the reigns on their houses and cookies, and just provided the decorations and icing then walked away. (well, I did assemble the houses and bake the cookies...) I was scared of the messes that would be made but tried to tell myself that it could be cleaned. And to my surprise, they did a pretty good job of keeping the mess and icing and sprinkles contained. And they did a fantastic job decorating their gingerbread creations!!
Silly Faces!
No comments:
Post a Comment