My littlest is growing like a weed. Didn't I just birth her?!
Something I remember with both the boys is loving all the little outfits
and wanting to take a picture of nearly every teeny thing they put on.
That desire is so much stronger now that I have a baby girl. She is like
a little baby doll! It is so much fun. I seriously snap a picture with
my phone every time I put a new outfit on Maclyn.
Oh the frills! This sweet seersucker pink outfit was made with love by Grandma! (my mom)
Sweet girl snuggling with her big brother Finley. Love the smile!
I
try really hard to accessorize my sweet baby, but I will be honest: I
am not good at it. I have been a BoyMom for so long that it is just so
easy to put on a simple outfit and move on. I do put a bow or headband
in her hair on occasion though, snap a picture, then 30 minutes later it
is off because it is around her eyes or has fallen off.
The faces!!
All
gussied up for church in her pretty lavender outfit that her Daddy
bought her right after she was born, and the crochet booties courtesy of
Grandma. Oh, and her pearls.
Tummy
Time!! She doesn't get much formal tummy time in because she is so
fussy that I don't do much to intentionally rock the boat. Generally, if
her eyes are open she is crying or on the brink. It is exhausting. I
occasionally get a few minutes of sweet talking and smiles and then a
switch flips.
Ms. Brittney came to see the boys and love on Maclyn! This is about the best picture we could get!
Oh,
this isn't Maclyn...but Keagan lost another tooth (and he pulled it
again)!! In case you don't see the gaping hole, it was a top one. Haha!
He is so proud of his lost tooth, but it really weirds me out!
A rare moment of a happy baby talking and smiling at mommy.
My little diva. Oh she is so cute I could just eat her up!
Big brothers giving baby sister some love this past Saturday. They still love her so so much!
My no-neck baby! The boys ask me all the time when she is going to grow a neck. Love their innocence. She has chins for days!
Such a sleepy girl. She falls asleep while nursing but the second I go to move her to her bed she wakes up. Whyyyyy?!
See???
It is pitiful. This picture hurts me...on many levels. I just wish she
would nap because I know she is sleepy! I hate to see my baby cry.
(Don't worry, I picked her up immediately after snapping this
picture...and she fell asleep for a brief period in my arms...then I
laid her down, and she woke up. Vicious cycle I tell ya.)
Last
week was super rough...Maclyn just would not nap and was incredibly
angry and fussy. It was evident something was making her uncomfortable.
After lots of tears on my part and mentally noting certain patterns, I
realized she was exhibiting signs of reflux (both boys had it so I was
familiar). So I called the doctor and got her started on a trial of
medicine, and it has helped a lot. It hasn't made her perfect (if only!)
but she doesn't scream constantly. I cried to anyone and everyone who
would listen, partly for adult interaction (because even though I am off
work, maternity leave can be terribly isolating) and partly to allow
myself to hear what was going on in an effort to find a solution. And
also just to lament. At the end of the week my doorbell rang and I had
the most beautiful surprise from Stacey. It was an incredibly uplifting
surprise and at just the right time. The card read simply: A sweet
friendship refreshes the soul. Proverbs 27:9
My soul was refreshed. Thank you Stacey for your friendship and love.





















No comments:
Post a Comment