August 5, 2016

Superheroes Unite for Finn's 4th Birthday!

Finley could never decide on a birthday party theme, which is super funny because he is generally the decisive child and Keagan, who is terribly indecisive, always picks a birthday theme years in advance! So Josh and I basically, after lots of discussion with Finn that went nowhere, picked for him. We told him what kind of party he was having and some days he liked the theme, other days he did not. Typical Finn. Luckily by party time he was good with the cake, the theme, and the place!

Here is the birthday invitation I made for him. We were pretty pleased with how well it turned out! I snapped this picture of Finley one day when he was playing dress-up and with a little Photoshop magic was about to make it into an invitation!

We ordered Finn's cake way in advance and then purchased superhero shirts. I got mine the morning of the party at Walmart. I didn't realize until we picked up the cake that our shirts completely matched it!! We each had a "tier" of the cake on our shirt. Poor Maclyn was in ladybugs and pink and didn't get a superhero themed shirt.
Poppy got lots of snuggles from Maclyn!

Finn had an awesome turnout! He had 15 friends show up and bless him with both their presence and awesome presents. Our family is so lucky to have such great friends who show up and love on our children for birthday parties!

Finley and Wesley

Max and Owen

Reagan, E.J., Keagan, Maeci

Abigail and Ethan

Nate, Nick, and Tuck

Game time!!


Present time!! Finley was funny about his presents. He knew what he wanted...a Kylo Ren light saber (Star Wars bad guy)...and he asked us DAILY if he could have one for his birthday. Like I said in the beginning, this kid knows what he wants. Thankfully, that was an easy present to get and Gamma and Poppy came through for him. And despite that being the ONE present he wanted, he loved each one of his other presents. I crack up at kids birthday parties, including those of my own children, because ALL the kids want to be right up in the present-opening space. I used to try and make it more organized at our parties and would beg and plead and harp on my kids to stand back at their friends' parties...but it just is what it is. Kids like toys and surprises and want to know what their friend is opening...fact of life. So, now I don't even try at our parties and just let the kids do what comes naturally: crowding the birthday kid! Haha!

Mal Mal came to Finley's party! He was so happy!!

Cake time!!! Listen: Best.Cake.Ever.  We had the same lady who made Keagan's Big Hero 6 cake make Finn's superhero cake. We asked for 3 different flavors: German chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla. It was delicious, and it looked perfect...and the best part of the whole thing was it was cheap!! And all the kids were super excited about it!

A BIG Happy Birthday to my BIG 4 year old! I tell him all the time that he can stay little forever, but as I am quickly learning time is flying and it won't be long before I am planning for his 5th birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment