When I decided to not find out the gender of the baby (I say "I" because Josh was not initially thrilled with the idea...we are both planners, and not knowing didn't allow for much planning) I initially thought I would do a gender neutral nursery. So I had the room painted a creamy white and started going for a rustic theme. One day I was perusing the internet and came across both boy-specific and girl-specific bedding that I loved, and immediately knew that I couldn't do gender neutral. With that decision made I then decided I would just order whichever bedding I needed after the baby was born. Well. That lasted a whopping couple of weeks because I then noticed that nearly all the bedding items I liked were back-ordered until July!!! No bueno. I may not have known the gender of the baby, but when I get something stuck in my mind it does not go away. So I ordered both the boy and girl bedding, knowing it would not be here until baby came and I would just return what I didn't need.
Wouldn't you know, I got some of the girl stuff first and before baby. I texted my mom that this was a problem because I now wanted a girl! I needed the boy stuff to come soon so I could then want a boy, because I was sure I was having another little boy! (My mind changed daily on the gender I hoped to have) Then Maclyn was born! So I got to keep the girlie girl stuff and proceeded to cancel orders and send back the 2 "boy" items I did receive. And though I never thought I would do Pink anywhere, I am suddenly in love with the color and the nursery is finished and complete with splashes of PINK!
Baby bed with gold polka-dot tulle bed skirt (what I fell in love with):
Views from different corners of the room (I still have to put pictures in the frames...but I have to get the pictures first!):
Bible verse I painted for Maclyn before she was born (it didn't have the flowers until after she arrived...remember, I was sure I was having a boy!). I painted a verse for both boys as well so this is something near and dear to my heart.
The curtains! I love the ruffle bottom. I actually bought these before baby, with the thought that they could be used for a boy too...
This was a simple and fun nursery to decorate. I didn't want to do a true theme with this baby, but instead wanted crisp and clean and easy. I feel peaceful when I am in there, and I hope that is how Maclyn feels when she does start using her room.
No comments:
Post a Comment