August 22, 2016

my babies x3

I am exhausted. I am overwhelmed. I get nothing done during the day and I don't get a full night of sleep anymore. I run constantly but I go nowhere. Life as a mother of 3 is a lot. But life as a mother of 3 is so fulfilling. Watching my three babies together makes every ounce of sleeplessness and concealer under my eyes worth it. The boys love-love-love their sister. And when she is awake and content she loves to watch them.

A couple weeks back I decided to take some pictures of all three of my babies. Let me first say that Pinterest makes all these cute sibling pics seem doable. But when you are dealing with 6 and 4 year olds and a newborn, you have to pick the poses that are most important because you will run out of time. The baby will not fall/stay asleep and the rambunctious boys will not "hold the pose" correctly and would rather go play. The potential for screaming at your two older kids is likely if you don't play your cards right. And then, hope your camera settings are right before you start shooting. And plan for rapid-fire shooting because you just won't get enough time! And if you are an amateur photographer and you really want to capture good pics of your kids together, let technical perfection go. It just ain't gonna happen.

In short: I don't know how photographers do it. It was super stressful and these are my children. And while the lighting isn't perfect and there are shadows, my heart absolutely sings with these pictures. I captured what I wanted: my three gorgeous children together.

Who doesn't love monogrammed bloomers?!!


No comments:

Post a Comment