Everyone needs a break from the kids every once in a while...so why not take an Oreo break! I have been putting away some Oreos like it's my job (maybe the source of my baby weight not coming off...grrr) and I have managed to try all the newest flavors except one. That one is Swedish Fish Oreos...and, really I cannot even try to wrap my brain around that flavor. All the other flavors are weird...but this one is weird and sounds disgusting. I did, however, find the elusive Toasted Coconut Oreos...on Ebay. Yes. I had a moment of end-of-pregnancy insanity and ordered Oreo cookies off Ebay. A form of nesting? Maybe. So here is my list, in no particular order:
Toasted Coconut Oreos: These taste just like the name...and that's a win-win in my book because I love coconut flavored foods. These are the ones I have been trying to find for months. And these are the ones I found on Ebay. Definitely worth it. But not a favorite of the family.
Blueberry Pie Oreos: Stacey told me about these...I immediately got on Target's website and ordered them. Listen, I got them super cheap, only had to buy one package, and got free shipping. So a couple days later a package arrived with my Oreos. The only problem was I was so excited about my "find" that I sent them to the wrong house!! Luckily, that house was my in-laws house so, other than worrying that Poppy would eat them before me, I knew they were safe. I actually shared these with the boys and they probably ate more than I did. Keagan asked me to buy more the other day! (That tells you how good these are...he generally doesn't like the crazy flavors) I am sure Target.com is gonna think I am nutso for just ordering one package at a time.
Choco Chip Oreos: Found these gems at Wal-Mart. And they did not disappoint. Who wouldn't want a chocolate chip wafer with chocolate chip cream in the center?? Duh. These are another flavor that the boys loved!
Fruity Crisp Oreos: Weird, right?! I saw these on the internet one day and then found out where they could be purchased. Well, no where near us. And I couldn't find them online to purchase (unless I did another Ebay purchase and these were going for the price of gold. Crazy. I'm not that crazy)...so I texted Mom and told her these were being sold at a grocery chain that they had near them. She said she was going there that afternoon anyways so she'd look. Lo and Behold, Mom found them!!!! I thought it was a long-shot but a text came through that afternoon with a picture of these in her cart. Whoo hoo!!! While Keagan didn't care for these, Finley and I did. And I believe Mom and Hannah liked them, too. (I shared when they brought them to me after Maclyn was born...wasn't that nice of me? That's true love) Finn said that they tasted like Starburst candy. I thought they tasted just like the Fruity Pebbles cereal (or Fruit Loops). They had a crunch to them in the cream and I really liked that aspect.
So other than the Swedish Fish Oreos, which I doubt I will try unless they are gifted to me (then I will likely eat the entire package...), I am completely caught up!! I think. Nabisco is always coming up with limited edition flavors...it is an uphill battle.




No comments:
Post a Comment