As the boys get older, the memories that are being made with both sets of their grandparents are starting to "stick." Finn and Keagan seem to have a wonderful memory this summer of the fun activities from last year. Sometimes I have to go back in my memory bank (or ask Josh!) to remember it for myself. So as they reminisced about the fun things they did last year when we visited Grandma and Grandpa's house in Texas, it was fun to make new memories for them this trip.
Before we arrived in Texas, Finn told us that Grandpa was going to take him flying this time. All of our other recent trips down to Texas have been around important events and if we weren't busy with those the weather wasn't conducive to taking the boys flying.
This year, Uncle Wesley made it happen for these boys. And they were beyond excited!!! They've flown on commercial planes several times, but not yet in a private plane. Keagan thinks it's pretty cool, but Finn actually tells us he wants to be a pilot when he grows up, "like Uncle Wesley." He flies his hand like a plane sometimes, and is obsessed when he sees a jet trail in the sky. My brother took Josh and the boys up for a little flight and I took pictures, of course. :)
The boys standing by the plane before their flight:
And they're off! Can you see them waving in the backseat?
These boys. They are pretty sure their Uncle Wesley hung the moon. I love that even though Wes doesn't get to see them that often he makes sure to engage and teach them, and be present with them when he does. (this pic is after the flight...look how Keagan has his arm around Wes. He thinks his Uncle is super cool)
One thing the boys always remember from visiting Grandma and Grandpa is going swimming! This was Keagan's first time in the pool this season so I wasn't sure how much he retained from last year. This child is a fish...he actually got in the pool in his traveling clothes (with supervision, of course!) before we even got the van unpacked the night we arrived! He was beyond excited to go swimming! Finn, on the other hand, refused to get in the entire trip. I don't know that he even played on the steps. He just didn't care to get in, but was content to play around the pool and shoot Keagan (and passing planes) with the water gun!
I had to BEG to get a pic with Finn. And then I got a super cute photo-bomb with goggles!
If there is one thing I have been craving since I have been hugely pregnant it has been a margarita. Especially now that it is summer. So, Mom made me a virgin margarita to enjoy by the pool! It was refreshing...but there is nothing like a real one! I will just have to wait a bit... but until then, Cheers!
Finn wanted to be right next to Aunt Hannah during their cornhole game!
Since all the "kids" were "home" we decided to take some pictures on our last night. It is very rare that everyone (including Josh!) is all together. I love these pictures...and the outtakes are pretty good, too!
The three "kids" all home and together. We aren't in order of age. I am the oldest (34) then Wesley (25), then Hannah (19). I don't remember exactly what had us laughing, but I am fairly certain at one point Hannah was saying Wesley was the "perfect child" and he replied that he was the only "punctual" one after all... since he was the only one that arrived on his due date. I am pretty sure Hannah was late, and I was like 3 weeks late (yikes!). Anyways, whatever was said was funny and we all got a good laugh.
The whole fam-damily! :)
Josh and I joke with the boys during pictures by saying "Don't say NOODLES!" and they always say it!! I believe this came about when we got some school pictures back and they were PERFECT and SMILING TOGETHER. We asked what did the photographer say to them to get such great pictures, and they told us that he said "don't say noodles." Not sure if that works...as you can see below!
This is what happens when I tell everyone to stay where they are so I can adjust my settings since it was getting darker out...check out Hannah. Hahaha!
LOVE THIS ONE!
I was trying to get a picture of Mom and Dad....
Much better!
After the "photo session" Grandpa got out some styrofoam gliders. So much fun and lots of laughter as these planes "flew" all over the place and even kept landing in the pool!
So many, many fun memories were made during this trip. The boys had so much fun and were really so well-behaved. I love to reminisce about my memories from visiting my grandparents homes, and certain smells still trigger those memories that I had as a kid. There is nothing sweeter to me than seeing my kids make memories with my parents and Josh's parents. We have some seriously lucky little boys to be so loved!
The next day we loaded up the care and headed home. Josh and I were both scared to death to get back in the car with Finley, but we stopped at a Buc-ee's gas station (if you are unfamiliar and ever in Texas, stop at one...it's like an amusement park gas station!) and let Finn pick out some snacks (including this insane lollipop that he actually had eyed several days before and asked for before we got out of the car on our way home). He really didn't start whining at all until the very end of the 12-hour trip...and by then we were all whining!
No comments:
Post a Comment