May 21, 2015

turkey business

My husband hardly ever gets to participate in his hunting passion...and though I know this is life right now due to busy schedules and two needy kids and an equally needy wife (because of said two needy kids)...but I do wish for him that he had more time to "play." This year he finally had some time and hunted with his cousin Rick and his little boy Jackson in Hickman. The boys were a little sad they couldn't go...but someday they will! They were super excited, though, about their daddy's kill!

Josh took this picture from where he was positioned...those are the decoys on the right. You may know that already...but I had to be told.

Don't ask me any questions about the above pictures. I am not a hunter. I don't have a clue what I am looking at. :) But I do know that Josh is really proud and had a great time, so while I don't clean the birds or eat the birds I do support him in his passion. Now, he does clean and eat them. Thankfully! He was so excited to have me take the pictures below. I was just going to include these in the blog but he had the above pictures on his phone...they kind of tell "the story" better so they are included.

Now he's talking to my uncle in California about his next hunt...in the mountains...for bears.

No comments:

Post a Comment