May 27, 2015

"How to Babysit a Grandpa"

Something that struck me was that my children were nearly immediately taken with my grandparents. Both boys generally exhibit a shyness in new situations, even around people they know and are familiar with. And though they have both been around my grandparents on several occasions I fully expected Keagan and Finn to encircle my legs and need at least a day of "warm-up" time. But I was way wrong. The second we got to Eureka and got them out of the car, the boys were super excited to hang out with their Great Grandpa and Great Grandma. It didn't hurt anything that Grandpa had an iPad...right up the boys' alley. 

The next three pictures are likely my favorite pictures of all-time. They need no explanation, for the smiles say it all:

Finn got a new set of wheels!

I kid you not, if Grandpa was up in his chair the boys were wanting to be with him...and they wanted to be looking at the iPad. (Yes, the iPad was a draw...but it was much, much better snuggled up with their Great Grandpa)

We did "lose" Keagan at one point, and found him hanging out in G&G's bed! I do believe the jet lag/time difference and all the activity was catching up with him.

We all realized later that afternoon that it was Cinco de Mayo...and so dinner plans were changed to have a Mexican theme! Josh whipped up some margaritas and Grandma made tacos...it was delicious!

A very fitting bedtime story!

1 comment:

  1. Those pictures are precious! I love that your grandpa texted you a picture of his old car and he has an ipad and knows how to use it. That is impressive! Sweet memories in these pictures.

    The book? Hilarious and yes, so fitting.

    ps: still loving your hair ;)

    ReplyDelete