Getting ready to get on the airboat!
Something really cool about this tour was that there were no other people! We basically got a private airboat ride and swamp tour!! We always have a great time doing this, but it really was a lot more fun watching the kids enjoy it, too!
See the nutria running across the swamp vegetation?? Swamp rats!
Cypress trees growing out of another fallen cypress!
Our guide going after a nutria. I would never in my wildest dreams go after anything in a swamp. In fact, I wouldn't even step foot off the boat for fear of stepping on a snake or an alligator or anything! But he didn't think twice...
Look at this crazy little thing?!! Those orange teeth are a classic nutria look, not just this one.
I love the look my children have when they are having a blast!!!
And then our awesome guide spotted him...Crazy Burt: can you see him?
Our guide explained that Crazy Burt is seriously crazy, and that he will climb onto the boat. When this alligator saw the boat he made a bee-line right towards us. And, yep, got reaaaaaaalllly close. The guide kept inching the boat forward, away from Burt, but he would follow. I was laughing, and the guide thought I didn't believe him that the gator would climb aboard so he showed me...
As we were making our way back, I looked down and Finn was fast asleep. His big cheeks were resting on the lift jacket. So cute!
While Finn slept the guide allowed Keagan to drive. I am telling you, this guide was fantastic!!
When we returned to New Orleans I bought the boys a gummy gator. They pet it, and loved it, and played with it until I finally told them they had to eat it! While they enjoyed every bite, I could tell it was difficult for them to take that first bite!
Dancing in Jackson Square...this was hilarious. New Orleans is filled with awesome music all the time and I think a high school band was playing at this point. When the music moves you, you gotta dance!
A family selfie at supper...open air dining right at Jackson Square.
Keagan's latest thing has been taking pictures with our cell phones...this is one of his better pictures. I think it's fun to see what he likes to capture!






































No comments:
Post a Comment