We recently took the boys to the Circus and it was so fun watching their awe with everything. Of course, they were super excited, but I don't think they really understood what they were about to see. And even though Keagan had been to the circus a couple years back, he didn't remember it at all. Josh got our tickets several weeks back and, man!, he did great and we had awesome seats! I felt like we were IN the circus!
These basketball dudes were essentially like the Harlem Globetrotters on unicycles. They were awesome and hilarious! They slam dunked from their unicycles, played tricks on each other, and chased the opposite team members with fire. So funny!
Motorcycles in this cage...always amazing! They had 3 in there at one point, I was on the edge of my seat. It was super loud and Finn kept his ears covered throughout most of it.
At intermission the boys were dying to have some goodies so Josh bought them popcorn and cotton candy, and these came with circus hats. Let's just say these boys were in hog heaven!
Finn's first experience with cotton candy. He was in love...and shoved (I do mean SHOVED) it in his mouth. And, oh-my!, cotton candy + 2 year old + no wipes = disaster! But, amazingly, in the bottom of the cotton candy bag (yes, we got that far) there was a little hand wipe packet. Praise the Lord!!! hahaha
Another fun part of the circus was the puppies. They were hilarious! And their little tails were just wagging the entire time. It looked like fun, and both boys still talk about this part. Especially the puppy that wouldn't go down the slide and another puppy nudged it down!
This was the last year Ringling Brothers Circus was using
elephants in their show, and so we were excited to see them. They made a
big production of the elephants and even talked about their
conservation efforts with the endangered Asian Elephants. I thought this
was pretty neat. And the elephants were AWESOME!
Keagan and Finn ask several times a week when we are going back to the circus. They loved it. We loved it. And for the last 2-3 weeks I had Keagan believing that Josh and I used to be in the circus! When the trapeze artists were out I told Keagan that his daddy and I do tricks like that all the time and that he tosses me in the air. He actually believed me!!!! Funny little boy...



















Confession: I've not taken my kids to the circus...EVER. I know thats like some kind of mommy sin, but I can't handle the potential animal mistreatment and so I just don't go. Not to say they all do that, but I know some do and I can't take it so I've never taken them. So sad. I should have Tim take them. Ha!
ReplyDeleteI love your hair - I mean, LOVE it. So cute and summery and fun.
Cotton Candy - my kids can't get over the textural issue long enough to eat it and I crack up that the boy who doesn't like cupcakes or birthday cake likes cotton candy. Go figure! Thank heavens for the wipe is right - how ingenious.
The basketball thing looks cool.
I bet the boys loved it. So fun!