May 20, 2015

The Children's Tree

When I was pregnant with Keagan -oh, so long ago- I went to a local nursery and fell in love with this little tree with baby-pink, soft double-blooms. So I bought it. (It is a Japanese cherry blossom tree) I was so excited when I came home one day and it had been planted!! When I fell in love with the tree my plan was for it to be "Keagan's tree" I guess I thought this baby would be my only, as he was so difficult for us to achieve. Honestly, having more babies wasn't anywhere on my mind. That is until I held him in my arms; even when he was in the NICU, I couldn't imagine not having anymore kids. I will never forget my mom looking at me while I struggled to learn to nurse my one-week old preemie in the NICU, and she essentially prayed out loud that what I was currently going through wasn't going to scar me so badly that I didn't want to have more babies. I think I responded that we would definitely have more kids, but that was the first time I had really ever thought about it. And certainly the first time I said it out loud. But it didn't take long to be blessed with Finley. And so this special tree has become "the children's tree." And I have forced them to take pictures by it annually (though I am missing two years worth), and I enjoy watching the kids and the tree grow.

Freshly planted tree and a freshly born Keagan. 2010

For some reason 2011 and 2012 pictures are MIA. I honestly don't know if I just didn't take them or I cannot find them. I have searched high and low but cannot find them. Oh well..

Here is Keagan in 2013. Not sure why Finn isn't in the picture...probably because he is "off camera" screaming. :)

Keagan and Finn 2014. Love my sweet brothers.

2015...wow my boys are getting big. And so is that tree. How does this happen so quickly!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment