On the fourth of July, my friend Jeni and I took the kiddos (aged 4, 3, 2, 1...pretty much anyways!) to a "parade" in Mayfield. Unfortunately the parade was literally a bunch of daycare workers and their classes. It wasn't a parade. In fact, the kids kept asking, after the fact, when we were going to see the parade. Poor kids...that was a hard one to explain!
That night, after Josh got home from work, we grilled and then shot off some fireworks for Keagan to see. Really, I think "so Keagan can see" was so daddy could play! But that's ok...it was fun. Once it got dark we headed to the dam to watch the big fireworks. Keagan was really into it this year. Finley, our child who doesn't nap, fell asleep on my shoulder! After we got home we let Keagan try out sparklers since they are so much more fun in the dark!

WTH about the parade?! Total bummer! Love all the pics anyways - um, your friend kinda looks like a JCrew 4th Advertisement in her RW & B dress. Her daughter is PRECIOUS and I adore the pics of she and Keagan holding hands (love!). At least there were balloon animals, right? Sheesh.
ReplyDeleteLove the solo cup as a means of sparkler protection. Quite possibly if I'd been aware of such a protective mechanism Declan wouldn't have burnt his finger on the sparkler Aunt Lindsy supplied. I'd like to add in a sort of but not really related way - I can't believe you're blogging about July 4th and I'm still stuck in May. I'm going to blame it on three kids vs. 2 and if your opinion is different you can keep it to yourself ;).
Yea, the parade was a pretty huge let-down. Live and learn, I guess. Jeni and her kids are precious and we had a great time together! She is actually the one who suggested to use the solo cup...and it worked great! She IS an occupational therapist, so that kinda smarts is right up her alley! And, um, regarding blogging on the 4th..I just went backwards to our visit and still have June to do. Such is the life with kids...don't know what I did with my time before but if I knew then what I know now....oh me the things I would accomplish!
DeleteSo even though the parade was a flop, at least you didn't have the rain we did! I don't have any cute 4th of july pics:( The boys looked adorable in their red, white and blue!
ReplyDelete