July 7, 2013

A Day Out with Thomas

For Keagan's birthday we thought it would be fun to take him to A Day Out with Thomas. This is a travelling Thomas the Train event and train ride, and lots of activities for the Thomas enthusiast. It just so happened that Thomas was going to be at a train station in a town just a little out of the way of our drive home from Lexington. (I mentioned in an earlier post that we jam-packed or Louisville/Lexington weekend with lots of activities...I wasn't joking!) We really thought Keagan would be head-over-heels excited about the day, and we were afraid to tell him in advance for fear of hearing allllllllllllllllllllllllllll about it for days/hours leading up to the excitement. So we didn't tell Keagan anything until we parked at the train station. Unfortunately, I think we should have told him a little something leading up to build the excitement a bit, and just deal with the questions and non-stop chatter. He was a bit overwhelmed and it is written on his face in every picture I took (he looks kind of angry and kept his hands in his pockets...but he wasn't angry, just overwhelmed!). I do think he was excited and I do think he enjoyed himself, but I think the reality of the fun didn't set in until we got in the car to leave!


As we finally made our way home we were hitting some crazy storms, and I couldn't help myself so I snapped some pictures of these crazy clouds! The lightening and rain were crazy once we finally entered the storm, but we made it home safe and sound. 


No comments:

Post a Comment