June 18, 2012

Here, Fishy Fishy Fishy!

While Keagan was less than interested in the ocean (seriously, understatement of the year), he was all about the pool. It took a 10 minute warm-up period initially, and it was pretty ugly but we were determined that it would get better. And our persistence paid off. Keagan LOVED the pool! He went from swimming in our arms to swimming with a noodle, to swimming with a noodle and floaties, to swimming with just floaties and wanting NOTHING to do with mom and dad! In fact, he was jumping off the side of the pool. He would go under a little, come back up, and then ask to go again! It was great. He did great. I was a proud momma! And Josh was pretty impressed too. The best part of his swimming is it would plain wear him out! Check out the video of him nodding off at lunch. Keagan has never done this before and I was actually concerned about him at first, that something might be wrong with him! But then we would take him back down to the beach and he would nap. In fact we would all nap!

These pictures are in chronological order...and you can see the transition towards more independent swimming. I think Keagan would have tried swimming without floaties if we had let him. But this mommy just wasn't ready for him to grow up (or the heart-attacks).




There are still a couple more Destin blog posts...this is the vacation that never ends! (darn the bad luck!)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. That last video is hilarious! Sleepy boy! I think you need to have a pool installed at your house:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok - that video...um, I seriously could barely keep my eyes open watching it because I was laughing so hard and simoltaneously trying not to pee on myself: for reals! Too, too funny! When Josh put his hand on his head and he looked passed out I almost died. Oh my heavens - love it!
    I can't believe he's in swimmies and he's not even two and Kennedy is almost five and rockin' a life jacket - I need some of your bravery clearly. Maybe one day.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha Lindsy...he screams when we put a life jacket on him. So that is just not a pleasant experience!

    And Abby, um, I would give my right arm for a pool...but we have little-to-no backyard! :( So, no pool unless it is a blow-up one!

    Glad y'all loved the video. I had a hard time not peeing on myself, too...while I was filming!

    ReplyDelete