My sweet baby is two. He is a big boy now. He is also classified as a "preschooler" according to BabyCenter website. This is something I wasn't prepared to see for at least another year, so I am ignoring the fact that BabyCenter sends me emails related to my "preschooler." While Keagan probably had no idea, I missed his second birthday. I didn't forget; in fact it was a top priority in my life. Instead, I was hulled up in the hospital until 6 o'clock on his actual birthday. I went in the day before due to symptoms that just couldn't be ignored: left eye visual changes and then left hand numbness that came on one finger at a time. While my symptoms left just about as quickly as they came (in a matter of hours) I couldn't write them off as nothing. I was afraid I had had a mini-stroke (TIA) and my OB's office had the same fears. So, I spent Thursday night in the hospital and talked with my doctor the next morning. He didn't want to ignore my symptoms either and had a neurologist come talk to me. The neurologist ordered a bunch of tests to rule out a TIA and look at my brain, carotid arteries, and my heart. As far as I know (the test results haven't all come back) I am healthy and did not have a TIA. (thank GOD!!) What actually happened is unknown, but probably (hopefully!) just a fluke of pregnancy...I wondered if it could be a migraine and the neurologist seconded this thought of mine. Regardless, I spent Keagan's second birthday in the hospital. But rest assured, I let everyone know it was his birthday and I was ready to go home! ;)
It wasn't long after I got home (I owe a HUGE thank you to Stacey and Jarrett, who picked up my child from school then picked me up from the hospital that night b/c Josh couldn't get anyone to cover his shift at work) that my parents came into town! Let the festivities begin!
Keagan's birthday present from Grandma and Grandpa: a really cool pool! (To be used at the party!)
Our present to Keagan...a really cool playset. Unfortunately, it isn't complete. My hospitalization put a hold on the progress...but it will get done! :) Eventually...
Hanging out with Grandpa...watching "Choo choo train" videos
Keagan's Second Birthday Party:
The "Become a Pirate" table...was a surprising hit with the kids!
My Birthday Boy! (he had JUST woken up from his nap!)
Captain Isaac says Arrrr!
Tage: "You'll be walkin' the plank!"
Captain EJ finds a moustache is the only accessory he needs to be a pirate!
Shiver Me Timbers! Hank is ready for scallywag!
Mommy and her little pirate! Hard to believe this is a second birthday celebration...
First Birthday...
The day my life changed forever, and I've never looked back!
The adults even got into it! Here are my Aunt Angie, my sister Hannah, and my Aunt Michele...
Pool Fun!
Even Finn came to the party! He's just chillin' though...34 weeks pregnant.
Goofy moustache girls!
Cupcake time!!!
Keagan and his Aunts! Such a loved child!
ELMO!!!! Even pirates like to keep their Nanas (blankies) close by...you never know when you'll need it!
Present time! Keagan had lots of help from his buddies, which was good because his interest wasn't as much into opening presents as it was just playing with the first one he opened!
Well my sweet boy is two now. He is a baby no-more. It makes me sad to think about it, but look just how far we've come! I am such a proud mommy and cannot wait to see how Keagan does with the (very soon!) arrival of his baby brother. I am so very thankful for the friends and family who came out to celebrate with us, and those who celebrated with us in spirit...it was a very exhausting weekend but such a joyous one! Now...my energy is going into preparing for my second baby's arrival (WHOA!).

So glad Keagan had fun - looks like an awesome party! And so glad you are ok. How scary! Saying lots of prayers that the rest of the pregnancy is smooth sailing :)
ReplyDeleteSo much info in one post!!!
ReplyDelete(1) I'm so glad you're okay. I know that had to be really scary.
(2) We have that pool and it's on its SECOND summer. Quality for sure! Plus we love it.
(3) AMAZING party! I love it!!
First of all, I can't believe he's 2! Where has the time gone? I feel like I was just reading his ice cream party post! Love the theme and all the cute decorations. Looks like everyone had a great time and so nice that your family could come in town! Next up, baby Finn. Can't wait to see his nursery:)
ReplyDeleteThe pictures are all so good and the decor and food (although you acted like was no big deal) was awesome. All the pics of hte kids and you and your fam goofing off - seriously too cute: love it!
ReplyDelete34 weeks - aaaaahhhhh!!!! Glad all was ok but bummed a few days later you got a stomach virus: bleh! Hope you're feeling better. Can't believe sweet little Keagan is two and before we know it Kennedy will be FIVE!!!!