January 22, 2012

Ah! The energy of it all.

Or lack thereof.

I am 12 weeks along in the pregnancy.  One more week to go until second trimester.  Hallelujah.  I have never been so ready to hit a milestone like this in my life.  Why?  The small hope that my nausea will just automatically disappear.  To say I am miserable is an understatement.  I am depressing to be around.  I go to bed as early as I can and sleep as late as I can, and I take as long a mid-day nap as I can.  I feel best when I am sleeping.  I am not particularly tired, just don't.feel.good.  At all.  It is much worse than when I was pregnant with Keagan, but that could be for a number of reasons, two being I didn't have a child then, and we were beyond excited about being pregnant.  OK, that sounds bad.  I am overjoyed about being pregnant again.  But ignorance is bliss the first time around! ;)  I know what I am getting into now!!  (OK, so I am not making myself sound very good...but hopefully you get my drift!)

But the second trimester really doesn't mean much.  I was nauseous well into my second trimester with Keagan.  And this pregnancy has been nearly identical to the first one...so I am holding out cautious hope. 

But, alas, I am at the 12 week mark. Therefore there is a promised bump pic. I am going to make you laugh now. This is the first picture I have taken of my belly with this baby; I started at 5 weeks with Keagan. HAHAHAHA...and I think I took twice monthly pics then (as if I was changing that rapidly). We will be lucky to get monthly bump-alert pics with this one. Just sayin'. Also, yes, I am in sweatpants. I live in jammies and sweats these days. No more cute little bump outfit. You are lucky to be getting a pic at all.


Now....
Then...

So there you have it.  I am growing quite a bit more rapidly with this one.  I have heard this to be the norm with subsequent babes.  Sadly, the jeans I am wearing in the picture at 12 weeks with Keagan don't fit anymore.  I never got back into those.  Some nice, pricey Seven jeans.  I think I gave those to my sister!  (eye roll) 

OK, so I pledge to be a better blogger.  I haven't had any energy lately (imagine that) but I have taken some cute pics and video of Keagan so I will get that up soon.  Eventually. 

1 comment:

  1. somehow I missed this posting - love the bump...though I can't really see it...I'm trusting you it's there. Mine is like "oh she's expecting" there...just wait for #3! =)

    ReplyDelete